Question MB not turning on ?

Sep 3, 2021
i have a problem with a motherboard, an older one,msi Z170A gaming m3 motherboard, when pressing the power button it does nothing, it does not power on, if you hold the power button for a few seconds (2-3-4 seconds_ it lights up the led in the video below (just to the right of pciex slots) but it does not turn on, even the psu does not turn on.

video of led light flashing code

tryed without any periferials, just the mb out of the case on a table and the psu, the same, removed the ram the same thing. Removed everything ram, cpu, everything and still the same led error code and the mb & psu do not turn on. The psu works fine in another computer.

i would like to troubleshoot to see what is wrong with the mb, but do not know what that code means, anyone can help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to list the specs to the build/parts used for your troubleshooting run, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you're working with one stick of ram, populate slot DIMM2 alone. As for the system, if you're working with a processor with an iGPU, try and work with that. What are you using to cool the processor?

Sep 3, 2021
the problem is the mb, suspect either super i/o (startup chip) or the cipset problem, but i want to know for sure,

mb: msi z170a gaming m3 https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-GAMING-M3/Gallery
cpu 7700k, working, tested in another pc
ram sticks are working tested in another pc
psu computer had a corsair vs450, and now for testing i puled out a psu form another pc, a corsair hx1200i both psu are working fine

the mb is on the bench, so no other periferials.

the mb DOES NOT TURN ON THE PSU, so no fan spin, no led nothing, just the 5vsb is present on the board