MBM 5 or Speedfan?

I'm looking for a program that will display both the CPU and Case temp in
the XP system tray.

These 2 both seem to do the job.

Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other? (Or if there's a better
alternative that I've missed?)

Thanks.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:11:18 GMT, Gazorp wrote:

> I'm looking for a program that will display both the CPU and Case temp in
> the XP system tray.
>
> These 2 both seem to do the job.
>
> Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other? (Or if there's a better
> alternative that I've missed?)
>
> Thanks.

try also alt.comp.freeware

Morgan O.

I haven't looked into the program Morgan posted, so I can't say to
much about it.

I've used both MBM5 and Speedfan. I like MBM5 better, but it stopped
being updated over a year ago by the developer, whereas Speedfan has
regular updates.

I am currently using Speedfan, but do warn that the program can alter
fan speeds and clock speeds. Inadvertantly seting one wrong, i.e.
CPU fan to 0%, could be catastrophic. Be careful.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Gazorp" <gazorp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a program that will display both the CPU and Case temp in
> the XP system tray.
>
> These 2 both seem to do the job.
>
> Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other? (Or if there's a
> better alternative that I've missed?)

You could try MBProbe. Has not been supported for a while but works with XP
Pro.

Dave