[SOLVED] MBoard dying?

Feb 12, 2022
Hi all.
I have a PC with board H61M-E23 (MS-7680) that's lost sound and a couple USB ports, and graphics are spotty recently. Would like to replace board, but not finding that exact model, new. Would someone recommend a decent board I can install in place of this one? It's on an 8 year old computer that's otherwise working just fine. If more info needed, please let me know.
Budget not an issue, can't be that much to replace this thing.

thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
Hi all.
I have a PC with board H61M-E23 (MS-7680) that's lost sound and a couple USB ports, and graphics are spotty recently. Would like to replace board, but not finding that exact model, new. Would someone recommend a decent board I can install in place of this one? It's on an 8 year old computer that's otherwise working just fine. If more info needed, please let me know.

you dont need that same model, you could just use another h61 motherboard, or if its cheaper, a b75 motherboard.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Darling, Google is far from being your friend.

Yes, but I did say "but not finding that exact model, new "
I would like to find an equivalent/compatible board, new.

thank you
New? not gonna happen unless you find a NOS board at a store or e-commerce platform. It's not impossible but your computer is just... old, I mean, it's not a "retro" or "vintage" build where sometimes paying for an older component is justified to bring the computer back to life.
Unless you have the money (since budget isn't an issue) for a whole new build you'll have to go for an used board, it's not worth to go the extra mile for an H61 unless you're planning to store it hoping it'll become antique at some point in the future.

Unless you find a mom and pop computer store with old stock, odds of finding a "NEW" board is near impossible.
My google link has links to exact replacements and compatible boards.
Google is evil, no doubt.
But if you block all of their tracking, it contains most of the wealth of knowledge available on the internet with a simple search. A little work on my part gives me access to all of that information and knowledge. Without all of the tracking.
It is you who decides whether or not to use the information given you.

Hi all.

you dont need that same model, you could just use another h61 motherboard, or if its cheaper, a b75 motherboard.

Solution
""you dont need that same model, you could just use another h61 motherboard, or if its cheaper, a b75 motherboard.""
There's what I was after. Thank you.
mostly there is no new motherboard, but if you were asking what's good and cheap, i prefer Gigabyte H61, H67 or B75. they're good as i had mine from 9 yrs ago and still able to run pretty much flawless, it also got dual bios feature.