Question MBR and FAT32 over 2tb how is it done

Jul 10, 2019
i guess this thread/post is less of a question and more like me just rambling on about my testing while trying to accomplish MBR and FAT32 over 2tb, i would like anyones opions on the subject, there might be someone out there that knows how to do this on all hard drives larger than 2tb not just western digital hard drives, and the funny thing is that if one of us knew of the right model of wd usb connector from long ago than this testing would hardly even be technical any more it would just be a yea i got the right wd usb connector i can do this with any hard drive big deal

I know how to make a western digital hard drive that is 4tb have mbr 1 single large 4tb fat32 partition, i think actual size is around 3,726gb, and i think the limit for this method would be 16tb, so far 4tb western digital hard drive is the largest hard drive i have tested

there is a tool called WD Quick Formatter.exe that has a option for formatting with windows xp support and it works for me everytime even if the WD Quick Formatter.exe says process failed it still changes something thats lets me use another partition tool like the free tool at partitionwizard dot com to create a 4tb mbr 1 single large 4tb fat32 partition

the WD Quick Formatter.exe tool only works with western digital hard drives it scans to see if you have a western digital hard drive connected and if you have a hard drive that is not western digital than it says please connect a western digital hard drive

i have tricked the tool into thinking a 2.5 toshiba 500gb hard drive was a western digital by using part of a old desktop size wd usb 2.0 mini usb connector, i took it off of the wd destop hard drive after opening it up, i tried using a 8tb seagate with this wd usb 2.0 mini usb connector that came off the wd desktop hard drive but the 8tb seagate would not spin, would of been awesome if it had worked with the 8tb like it worked with the toshiba 500gb, then i would of been able to create my first 8tb mbr 1 single large 8tb fat32 partition

that was a old desktop wd elements hard drive, over the years i have opened several newer western digital hard drive to see that the usb connection is built into the wd hard drive pocket size usb wd hard drives and also desktop size usb wd hard drives, so trying to trick the WD Quick Formatter.exe tool into thinking a non western digital hard drive is a western digital hard drive is seeming more impossible

unless there could be some certain model of pocket size usb wd hard drive or desktop size usb wd hard drive that does have a connector that can be detached to try to trick the WD Quick Formatter.exe , i have only opened a few wd hard drives not every model, there are probably some older model wd hard drive i could find on ebay with a connector that could make hard drives like the 8tb seagate spin up

at least i know we can make up to 16tb mbr 1 single large 16tb fat32 partition on western digital hard drives but would be nice if there was a way we could do this with other brand name hard drives

i have done a lot of searching on the internet for information about this but so far only thing i have found is how to to this with western digital hard drives

Acronis True Image Home 2014 has some extended capacity option that never worked for me, and i have tried lots of other things that did not do anything

but after all my internet searching and testing i did find a different tool that works on any hard drive that lets you create a limited to 4tb mbr with two 2tb fat32 partitions it is called MBR4TB.exe you can download it here aioboot.com/en/mbr4tb/

someone should make a tool called MBR8TB.exe or MBR16TB.exe, having 1 single large mbr 8tb fat32 or mbr 16tb fat32 partition would be best but having up tp 16tb mbr with a bunch of 2tb fat32 partitions would be better than being limited to 2tb mbr with one 2tb fat32 partition

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019
My first fear is that 2TB is one lump of data to lose in one go if things go wrong in the future so why not partition down to useable and more reliable sizes?

this question of a way to create 16tb mbr with 1one 16tb fat32 partition has been on my mind for a long time, i just found out it is possible with western digital hard drives a few months ago

there does not seem to be many people like me that want to be able to do this on all hard drives not just western digital

i created this post because i am giving up on this as far as looking for answers on the internet, i may still try some old western digital hard drive usb connections if they disconnect from connect their hard drives and maybe solve this in the future that way, i am done with looking for answers on the internet

i like to use mbr fat32 for devices like custom firmware ps3, reset glitch hacked xbox 360, modded nintedno wii, compatibility with windows xp, mac operating system and other devices

mbr fat32 is what works best with a lot of devices and is the only option for some devices, mbr with 1 large fat32 partition works best in my testing that is what i do with the western digital hard drives

TRENDING THREADS