Question MBR and GPT, Dual Boot, 2 HDDs, different windows

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gebaben

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Update:

Hi!
So I've managed to install both OS and it seems it's working fine. Although I've got a problem:

The PC automatically boots into Win10. I've tried to change boot prioritiy in BIOS but the win7 disk doesn't show up. It appears below 'sata information' and 'boot menu' tab, but not in boot priority. I checked in advanced menu/boot where it lists boot priorities, but it only shows my win10 drive and the DVD rom. At the third option in the list it says 'Disabled'. I see the win7 drive among boot override settings also.

So I can boot into win7 but through bios. But I want it automically boot into win7 instead win10. What should I do?

Last edited:

Gebaben

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Nevermind, I fixed it by entering BIOS/advanced mode/boot/Hard disk drive BBS priorities. Then I set up my win7 drive as the first. So it is working now.

Interesting that in bios priority only one drive show up besides the DVDrom, which is now the win7 drive. But that is not a problem because I can choose the win10 drive from boot menu anyway.

Thank you all for your help! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY