aakashpk16

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
Spec:
i5 2400
2*4GB Ram 1333mhz
Mobo intel DH67Cl
2*1TB Seagate harddisk

should i install windows 10 2004 as MBR or GPT.

Thank U

Solution
Windows might decide that for you. If win 10 recognizes the PC supports GPT it will insist on using it during the installation process. It does depend on how bios is set up. If you have it set for legacy boot it will use MBR. But if the bios is set to auto or some variant of auto, it might swap to UEFI boot on restart.
Most modern Motherboards set up for UEFI boot method by default now.

Above is correct, it only really makes a difference after 2,2tb. And really only for the boot drive as I believe storage drives can be formatted as GPT on MBR systems already?

GPT max size is 18.8 million tb, we shouldn't need to swap again in a hurry :)
Here's an article to help you decide: MBR vs GPT

MBR has a max disk size of 2TB which is OK for now but if you plan on using disks over 2TB in future you will need the GPT.

"Windows can only boot from GPT on UEFI-based computers running 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and corresponding server versions. All versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista can read GPT drives and use them for data—they just can’t boot from them without UEFI. "

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows might decide that for you. If win 10 recognizes the PC supports GPT it will insist on using it during the installation process. It does depend on how bios is set up. If you have it set for legacy boot it will use MBR. But if the bios is set to auto or some variant of auto, it might swap to UEFI boot on restart.
Most modern Motherboards set up for UEFI boot method by default now.

Above is correct, it only really makes a difference after 2,2tb. And really only for the boot drive as I believe storage drives can be formatted as GPT on MBR systems already?

GPT max size is 18.8 million tb, we shouldn't need to swap again in a hurry :)

Solution

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
I don't know about a lot of differences but i used windows from a gpt partition on my hdd(7200rpm) and i noticed that boot up speeds were way better compared to mbr partition..Other than that nothing else that i noticed really different.