McAfee Apologizes for Win XP Antivirus Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I've made about 200 bucks from this already. Not because the computers I fixed were infected, but because the owners of these computers were convinced that all their problems, past and present, were contributed to this.

Thanks McAfee! :)

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I apologize to anyone that I installed mcaffee on in the first place since it purely doesn't work. nothing to do with what happened recently. get avira.

masterofm

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Guess what have we been doing the past two days? We have had several cases at MS related to this issue... a real headache.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
mcafee internet protection suite started to severely bog down my pentium 4 and when I tried it on my core2duo which is at least 3x faster of a machine, it did the same thing so I immediately uninstalled it and also took it out of the P4. It was supplied by Comcast (comcrap?) as a bandaid fix for their silly 250GB bandwidth limit policy so you could check how much quota you have used for the month on their also overpriced service. I pity anyone who actually had to purchase this product. It is like throwing your money into a furnace and the flames reaching out and grabbing the cash before it even makes it inside.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
McAfee and Norton are sucking it lately. I tried AVG and avast! but found stability issues with IE or Outlook when running them, respectively. I just use Microsoft Security Essentials and life is good.

loudr1

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Symantec Corp AntiVirus. Endpoint 11, everything else is a joke, or frustrating, to much trouble with little results...

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]loudr1[/nom]Symantec Corp AntiVirus. Endpoint 11, everything else is a joke, or frustrating, to much trouble with little results...[/citation]

I agree, SEP is the best. And also Avira. Everything else is crap.

shovenose

Distinguished
mcafee fail. at sschool, one of the teachers runs mcafee on an ancient pc (athlon xp 1.4 ghz i think), its not even connected to the internet, well anyway, about every 3 minutes it gives a popup: SECURITY CENTER UPDATES. MCAFEE MAY NOT BE UP-TO-DATE or someting like that. really stupid...

ErrolDC

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
it's too bad that they had this problem. i've been using the MCAfee Suite that has everything bundled together for some time now. I previously was using SAV but since I've moved all my computers to Win7, I've been using McAfee and i haven't had any issues. I'm running a Thinkpad T410, a Lat D620 and a Dell Studio Slim. No problems whatsoever and I'm pretty happy.

G

Mcafee is another crapware developed and QAed in India. It beats me how such a obvious bug were not caught by their QA. We don't need virus or terrorist to bring down our systems ... just install McAfee.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]ethanolson[/nom]McAfee and Norton are sucking it lately. I tried AVG and avast! but found stability issues with IE or Outlook when running them, respectively. I just use Microsoft Security Essentials and life is good.[/citation]
I have switched between Agnitum and Zonealarm. Sunbelt Vipre for malware. However, the big problem is not because of malware/viruses is the person behind the mouse and keyboard...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]I've made about 200 bucks from this already. Not because the computers I fixed were infected, but because the owners of these computers were convinced that all their problems, past and present, were contributed to this. Thanks McAfee![/citation]
Yeah, you're just another one of the business scumbags who take advantage of people's stupidity. Hope karma bites you in the ass...

Status
Not open for further replies.