McAfee Internet Security Suite Won't Load on Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightgrafton

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
As the title states, McAfee doesn't load on start up anymore. Started happening a few days ago after an automatic windows update took place. After the update had me restart, I noticed McAfee hadn't loaded up. Even waiting 30 minutes just to make sure it wasn't just running slow. I can click on the shortcut and it'll load completely and work fine. But I don't understand why it suddenly stopped loading on it's own on startup.

First thing I tried was a System Restore from almost 2 months ago. Nothing changed.

Second thing I tried was going through, what I now believe to be a joke, McAfee's Virtual Tech program that found no problems, sent me to online tech support, whom didn't find any problems and had no possible solution to offer aside from a complete un-install and then re-install, which I performed and didn't change anything.

McAfee isn't listed anywhere when I open up "msconfig" and go to the Startup Tab.

I no longer have any idea of what I can do to fix my problem and would appreciate any help/insight/suggestions anyone may have.

Solution
I wouldnt recommend you to use that joke of AV but if you insist on doing so you can add a shortcut of it in the start menu startup folder
You will locate that here: Start menu->All programs->Startup

vesp3r

Distinguished
I wouldnt recommend you to use that joke of AV but if you insist on doing so you can add a shortcut of it in the start menu startup folder
You will locate that here: Start menu->All programs->Startup

Solution

midnightgrafton

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Thank you for the response. Added the shortcut to the StartUp Folder, and its does load on startup now.

I get McAfee isn't exactly an ideal AV. Before I had McAfee, I was using Nortons. . . .and would much rather not discuss that unpleasantness. If you happen to have any suggestions for a different AV I'm all eats. Much appreciated.

midnightgrafton

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

No it did not unfortunately. Had hoped it would. But even after un-installing and re-installing, even then, it wasn't appearing in the Start Up Tab in msconfig.

Thank you for the response.

vesp3r

Distinguished

Andre_S

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
@midnightgrafton, today exactly the same problem ! Yesterday all was fine. Today I only installed new updates for McAfee and Malwarebytes and Steam...
Manual start McAfee works but after reboot same problem.
Did a system restore to 21-7, when ready I've got an error but after update McAfee and Malwarebytes all works fine again, and it's again in the msconfig/startup.
I also disabled (again) Shockwave Flash 18.0.0.209 because at the same time I noticed some other problems also...

Edit: just see that new MS updates are available, not now .......

Status
Not open for further replies.