McAffee Virus scan and Personal firewall disabled / XPC

Hi, all.

I have noticed that when I am copying a disc and the copy process is
halted in any way or if the computer goes on hibernate, my McAfee
virusscan and firewall are disabled.

A few days ago, I was looking into getting XPC Spy and downloaded a
demo version when running it, my antivirus program and spyware programs
had a field day. I believe I have uninstalled correctly as per the
programs instructions.

Now, after running spybot, I noticed there were a couple of security
threats so i quarantined them and deleted them. The threats said
Antivirus disable notify.

Can anyone give me any clue as to why my virusscan and firewall keep
being disabled. Or do I have to go to McAfee?

Also, does anyone know of a program other than what is included with
Win XP home that I can put on my computer that can monitor what is
visited on my computer?

Thanks.

The security response from Spybot is hkey/local........

antivirusdisablenotify=dword0
firewalldisablenotify=dword0

Help!!! Anyone?

I Protect You, available at www.softforyou.com, is a good tool to track
everything visited through the internet, with or without filtering. It
tracks all internet activity from any program that uses any port on the
internet. It pointed out a few adware and spyware programs to me that I had
missed.

Jody C.

"Will_in_SF" <willinsf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, all.
>
> I have noticed that when I am copying a disc and the copy process is
> halted in any way or if the computer goes on hibernate, my McAfee
> virusscan and firewall are disabled.
>
> A few days ago, I was looking into getting XPC Spy and downloaded a
> demo version when running it, my antivirus program and spyware programs
> had a field day. I believe I have uninstalled correctly as per the
> programs instructions.
>
> Now, after running spybot, I noticed there were a couple of security
> threats so i quarantined them and deleted them. The threats said
> Antivirus disable notify.
>
> Can anyone give me any clue as to why my virusscan and firewall keep
> being disabled. Or do I have to go to McAfee?
>
> Also, does anyone know of a program other than what is included with
> Win XP home that I can put on my computer that can monitor what is
> visited on my computer?
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS