News McDonald's McCrispy Gaming Chair Has a Fry Holder and Sandwich Warmer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 14196

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I try to not eat fast food and when I do its a place I can watch them cook it. Do you make your own pasta, bread, or any horticulture? I hope to assume your new pans are all not non-stick pans? I personally love all of my silicon utensils.
All my pans are pro-grade Stainless or Cast Iron. I only keep one nonstick pan for certain things as for bread I can make my own but I usually don’t because I can’t eat a lot of carbs and my son and I don’t like to eat a lot of carbs like pasta and stuff like that when it comes to carbs, we keep that in check and eat in moderation.

We both have celiac so we can’t eat out because it’s just a risk of cross-contamination. And the main reason I don’t eat out is because processed foods and restaurants love to add tons of things that you’re not supposed to eat that your body is not supposed to have, like way too much sugar is involved usually which I cannot have and gluten too. Cross-contamination is a huge problem with celiac disease.

eating a high carb diet, full of sugars and other carbs causes inflammation inside your body, which causes premature aging, and death eventually

oh I love my silicone utensils to so they don’t scratch my nice mirror finish stainless steel

D

Deleted member 14196

I still prefer office chairs to gaming chairs. Got a really nice one off of a recommendation here from a moderator (@USAFRet) for 150 bucks is what they’re going for today and it’s a great chair.

Reactions: bit_user
I still prefer office chairs to gaming chairs. Got a really nice one off of a recommendation here from a moderator (@USAFRet) for 150 bucks is what they’re going for today and it’s a great chair.
I got a herman miller knock off from staples for 400 dollars that came with a lifetime warranty and is quality for what it is. All mesh for the California summers, supports my back and has many ergonomic adjustments from the seat, lumbar support, arms, and of course height adjustment.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
the main reason I don’t eat out is because processed foods and restaurants love to add tons of things that you’re not supposed to eat that your body is not supposed to have,
A lot of restaurants will do yucky things like cooking your food in plastic "oven bags". Also, the wrappers used for takeout food that prevents fat/oil from soaking through it is saturated with endocrine-disrupting chemicals. Even many pizza boxes have it.

eating a high carb diet, full of sugars and other carbs causes inflammation inside your body, which causes premature aging, and death eventually
Carbs are bad, among other reasons, I think due to Advanced Glycation End-products. Look it up. That said, I do eat some refined carbs, but I try to be mindful and intentional about it. Also, to mix with fiber and other macro-nutrients, to keep the glycemic index down.

Also, diabetes is a co-morbidity of Alzheimer's. Some neuro-degenerative disease states can even be managed using a keto diet.

With all that said, the super-centenarians that have been studied don't follow a keto diet. They do tend to limit intake of refined carbs & red meat, and generally lead an active life. I think their overall caloric intake tends to be below-average.

my nice mirror finish stainless steel
FWIW, I boil & drink my tea out of borosilicate glass. In fact, I use borosilicate mugs for coffee, also.

Last edited:

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I got a herman miller knock off from staples for 400 dollars that came with a lifetime warranty and is quality for what it is. All mesh for the California summers, supports my back and has many ergonomic adjustments from the seat, lumbar support, arms, and of course height adjustment.
I alternate between sitting on a big inflatable rubber ball and using a Steelcase Leap chair. I also have an old Humanscale ergo chair, but it's not as well-made and slowly breaking down. The only thing bad about the leap chair is the foam in the (replaceable) cushions wearing out, plus the air cylinder/piston getting sticky. Overall, the steelcase chair is built like a tank and has held up for a couple decades.