gilbs

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
can anyone point me in the direction of the system requirements of MCE 2005?

I've been looking for ages and i can't seem to find them.

thanks in advance, g

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
MCE 2005 requires at least a 1.6 GHz (or equivalent) processor, DirectX 9 hardware-accelerated GPU (such as a recent ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce), and 256 MB of RAM. Some functionality, such as Media Center Extender support, use of multiple tuners, or HDTV playback/recording carries higher system requirements.

Found here!

:)

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
So - how well would my rig cope with it (see signature for details of my rig). The requirements aren't that explicit (e.g. it doesnt state the minimum Radeon series card required, is it a radeon 7000 or 9000 series) I don't intend to do HDTV decoding with this rig - I will ugrade once I actually have HDTV content worth recording lol :lol: I also intend to add a 300GB Hard disk alongside my 160GB drive and two USB 2.0 DVB Tuners with Video Inputs to offload recordings from my TVDrive PVR onto the PC and edit out commericals and stuff. How well MCE work on my current rig, so long as I stay away from HDTV decoding! :?

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
What about the rest of your rig? Same as mine or lower spec? MCE works but how well does it work for you - e.g. can you use the OS with all the visual functions turned on, can you record normal TV and watch another channel, does the video framerate still look good? 8O