[SOLVED] MD4U163216CGDA RAM conflicting with new pc build ?

whisp96

Commendable
May 8, 2021
I have MD4U163216CGDA OLOY 32 gb memory, 5700g ryzen cpu, and msi b550 pro vdh wifi motherboard.

When I use the oloy memory, the DRAM light will be on and computer wont boot to bios. When I use different memory, computer boots bios and runs windows normally. On the site(https://www.newegg.com/oloy-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821196?Item=N82E16820821196) it says that the RAM isn't compatible with ryzen apu's, which is what my cpu is.

Will the RAM work if I turn off the APU? Im pretty sure that the ram is compatible with the motherboard, but the cpu and ram are fighting and I dont have a memok button. Should I just return the OLOY memory, or is putting the OLOY memory in with the APU turned off worth a shot? Also how do I know if the memory isn't defective? (I'm pretty sure it isn't)

Thanks for replies.

Solution
Out of curiosity, what is the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Might want to also state which slots you're trying to populate on the motherboard with the sticks of ram. If you turn the APU off, how do you expect to get display out? Do you have a discrete GPU in your build? If so, you didn't list that in your specs. Also, please parse the make and model of your PSU powering the build.

Also how do I know if the memory isn't defective?
Take the ram kit over to a friend or neighbor who doesn't own an APU but a Ryzen powered build or an Intel build that accepts DDR4 rams and see if they can POST and Boot to OS GUI, and tax the rig without issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Out of curiosity, what is the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Might want to also state which slots you're trying to populate on the motherboard with the sticks of ram. If you turn the APU off, how do you expect to get display out? Do you have a discrete GPU in your build? If so, you didn't list that in your specs. Also, please parse the make and model of your PSU powering the build.

Take the ram kit over to a friend or neighbor who doesn't own an APU but a Ryzen powered build or an Intel build that accepts DDR4 rams and see if they can POST and Boot to OS GUI, and tax the rig without issue.

Solution

whisp96

Commendable
May 8, 2021

My motherboard version is 7C95v282(Beta version) (first one on this site: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B550M-PRO-VDH-WIFI)

I have discrete graphics (rtx 3060 card), psu is evga 650 watt, And I tried both memory channels, both did the DRAM light.

UPDATE: Tried putting memory back in with APU disabled. The computer restarted a few times, every time it had a bug light on, then the last time it had the DRAM light on again and I would have to HOLD the power button to shut down PC instead of normal press.

It's weird because every site that I pair the ram, memory, and motherboard on, they all say compatible. I will look into 5700g and b550 pro vdh wifi docs and see if I can find a spec that would make it seem that the ram is incompatible with another component.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS