Please advise me how I can find out the secondary voltage
outputs of the mains transformer inside the Micrisoft
Digital Sound System 80. I have suffered a power surge
here and, with no built-in protection against that sort of
thing, it has taken out the primary windings of the main
power transfomer.

Either that, or where can I find a circuit diagram so that
I can source a suitable replacement transformer?

Thanks for any help so that I can get my much loved
MSDSS80 up and running again.

Andy Billington

I too have this speaker system, but I highly doubt you are going to find
what you are looking for. I have never opened my sub, nor do I plan
too, but I know MS no longer makes the product and they most likely will
not provide a diagram of it for you. Your best bet is going to be to
either take it into an audio shop where they know what they are looking
at or contact Microsoft directly and see what you can find out (and even
if they have a replacement sitting in a wharehouse) :)

-----
Nathan McNulty

Andy Billington wrote:
> Please advise me how I can find out the secondary voltage
> outputs of the mains transformer inside the Micrisoft
> Digital Sound System 80. I have suffered a power surge
> here and, with no built-in protection against that sort of
> thing, it has taken out the primary windings of the main
> power transfomer.
>
> Either that, or where can I find a circuit diagram so that
> I can source a suitable replacement transformer?
>
> Thanks for any help so that I can get my much loved
> MSDSS80 up and running again.
>

> Andy Billington

FWIW Phillips built them for Microsoft.

Nathan McNulty wrote:

> I too have this speaker system, but I highly doubt you are going to find
> what you are looking for. I have never opened my sub, nor do I plan
> too, but I know MS no longer makes the product and they most likely will
> not provide a diagram of it for you. Your best bet is going to be to
> either take it into an audio shop where they know what they are looking
> at or contact Microsoft directly and see what you can find out (and even
> if they have a replacement sitting in a wharehouse) :)
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> Andy Billington wrote:
>
>> Please advise me how I can find out the secondary voltage outputs of
>> the mains transformer inside the Micrisoft Digital Sound System 80. I
>> have suffered a power surge here and, with no built-in protection
>> against that sort of thing, it has taken out the primary windings of
>> the main power transfomer.
>>
>> Either that, or where can I find a circuit diagram so that I can
>> source a suitable replacement transformer?
>>
>> Thanks for any help so that I can get my much loved MSDSS80 up and
>> running again.
>>

>> Andy Billington

Well that is good to know :)

-----