Me and my bad luck.. What can I do???????

Ok guys, here I am again.

It's about my server...

http://www.carlos-arruda.com/my_server.htm

http://www.carlos-arruda.com/problems

I just build as I sad in a previous post, a server machine.

It's a 2 x 2.8 GHz Intel Xeon with 512K cache running at a 533 MHz front
side buzz.

It has 2 x 256Mb of DDR266Mhz ECC 2.5V

It's a Gigabyte motherboard model GA-8IPXDR-E.

It has a Antec True550P EPS12V 550W max power supply.

Bottom line now is that I can't have signal on my keyboard connected through
PS/2 port, worse when connected to the PS/2 port the system does not passes
image to the monitor or beeps but it does powers up.

You unplug it and 5 to 9 seconds you have image in the screen.

I've tried many PS/2 keyboards and the same happens, they've all been tested
and are in good working condition.

I've just bought an USB one. Once plugged in the system does boots in a
matter of 5 to 9 seconds without any problems but it does not detects a
keyboard still.

Once it boots up after it has done the POST I get 2 + 1 beep and then the
following message:

CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad

Press F1 to Run Setup

Press F2 to load default values and continue_

( I do understand this as is the first time that the motherboard might be
running with these specs, so it needs some things changed on its BIOS)

Well its useless to say that without a Keyboard I can't do any of these.

Anybody out there with any ideas of what the problem might be?

Any help is welcome as I'm totally desperate.

Best regards

Carlos Arruda

P.S.: The reply e-mail is valid....

Man duder. Unfortunately if it is a new board, it probably has a bad
PS2 port. Just call gigabyte and have 'em RMA it. I believe they
have an "Advanced Replacement" policy where you can give them a CC#
as collateral, they send you a new product and you return the bad
product upon recieving the new one.

If it's a used board...........it's probably a bad PS2 port.
:shock:

Your USB board probably works. I would imagine there is a BIOS
setting to enable USB "legacy" support. Unfortunately, for some
reason the default BIOS is set to disable this feature. :cry: