Me saved my notebook

Hi All...........
Just a quick little story here I thouthg I would share in the hopes it might
benefit someone else some day............

I recently acquired a cheap laptop. It had that Linux OS on it but would
not completely boot because it only had 32meg onboard memory........since I
don't use Linux, I re-formatted the Hard Drive (only 4gb), added 64mb of
RAM, and installed Win98SE...........well, this little notebook has no modem
and when I went to install USB drives so I could upload to my Jump Drives,
it just would NOT take the drivers, no way.......kept giving error message
that my Windows installation was incorrect and I needed to re-run Setup
which I did a number of times to no avail...........I was on the verge of
discarding the whole laptop when I decided to install WinMe.........well the
installation went smooth and the USB port works magically with ALL my 4
different kinds of Jump Drives......................thanks Me, you saved my
laptops life............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

What a nice story, CLR.
That's because WinME handles the driver situation with a lot more efficiency
than it's predecessors.
Mike can detail this much better than probably any of us (especially
myself), if he would, please.
Thanks for your contribution.

Harry.