Question Meaning of beeps upon power loss of Intel motherboard?

rjg123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hi All,

I'm testing a redundant system that includes two old Intel BBS2600CO4 motherboard-based appliances. When I power off the primary (by pulling the power cord) I am observing behavior as the redundant one takes over. I'm hearing BIOS beeps on the primary that vary between 1 and 3. When they do occur, they're reasonably long so not just a quick beep, and evenly spaced. So think beeeeep----------beeeeep-----------beeeep. I am aware of the POST error codes, but any idea why I'm getting these upon power loss? Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Power losses may be causing file corruption or some return to incompatible default settings.

More information needed.

What appliances? Make, model....?

How is the redundancy set up and controlled so if one appliance fails/loses power the second one takes over.

UPS's, generator, different electrical circuit or other independent source?

Any user guide/manual with a trouble shooting section?

rjg123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Power losses may be causing file corruption or some return to incompatible default settings.

More information needed.

What appliances? Make, model....?

How is the redundancy set up and controlled so if one appliance fails/loses power the second one takes over.

UPS's, generator, different electrical circuit or other independent source?

Any user guide/manual with a trouble shooting section?

These are custom AV control boxes that feed amp & speaker arrays. They are tied through a network switch to handle failover and there are UPSs to maintain power. But for my testing, I'm pulling the cord on one of the control units. So I was thinking if there's any reason why the Intel mo'bo would beep upon losing power. I think it may be related to the baseboard mgmt controller...

TRENDING THREADS