Aug 2, 2002
If you want to VOID your warranty, you can make it by checking for the voltage regulator pinout on your MB.

Otherwise, you can mesure the current "sucked" by your motherboard if you have a multimeter quite easily, but you will measure ALL the current that is going to your MB (PCI cards, video card, chipset, cpu, etc...).

There is no simple naswer to your question. If you have studied electronics, this kind of stuff is quite easily to do, but if you don't know much about electronics, i recommend buying a 400 Watts PSU, so you will not need to bother about power!

By the way, why do you need to do this?

A7N8X / <font color=green><b>Sempron 2800+</b></font color=green> <- <i>Is this affecting my credibility?</i>
Kingston DDR333 2x256Megs
<font color=red>Radeon 8500 128Megs</font color=red> @ C:275/M:290 <- <i>It's enough for WoW!</i>