Mechanical gaming keyboard

thundagawd

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
So I'm looking into getting a mechanical keyboard for my PC, I've had my eye on the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition, but it never seems to be in stock. I could go with the standard Blackwidow Ultimate worst case scenario, but I live with other people, and the clickity-clack of Cherry MX Blue switches might be too loud considering I often stay up late to game with friends & coworkers. Does anyone have any good suggestions for Mechanical keyboards? Preferably with Cherry MX Brown switches since they're silent but still provide the tactile feedback? Backlighting would be neat too, as I said before I tend to play with the lights out so as not to disrupt everyone when they're sleeping. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Nuclear101

Honorable
Cherry MX Browns are also very load. Technically all Cherry MX switches are much louder, but check these out: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-accessories-2/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html basically you install them on each key and it cushions the key from hitting the bottom or "bottoming-out", which makes the "thack" sound whenever you type. I have the Corsair Vengance K70 and K95 and they are both really nice with the O-Ring Dampeners. However, they will reduce how much you can press down the key, but you can still activate/deactivate them.

thundagawd

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah, I'd read about those, but how do I go about installing them? Do it have to take all the keys off individually and install the o-rings on them myself? It would simplify my issue as I'd be able to get the Blackwidow and save myself the trouble of running around looking for a different keyboard.

Nuclear101

Honorable

Well the Razer keyboards are actually pretty loud, read this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html the blackwidow ultimate STEALTH edition is the loudest of the bunch (other blues are even quieter). Also, it took me ~5 minutes too install each of them but yes, you do need to take each individual key off.

Nuclear101