Mechanical Keyboard vs Second Monitor

CaptainFreezy

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

As Christmas is approaching, I'm slightly stumped at which option I should ask for (as per the title).

Current I have a BenQ EW2440L (Extremely happy with it) as my primary monitor and a cheap LG 19" as my second monitor. I also have just a standard led backlit rubber dome keyboard. I play FPS as well as flight simulator quite heavily. I also do a fair bit of typing for school work.

Do you think I should ask for another monitor (BenQ EW2440l) or ask for a mechanical keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB/K70 RGB) for my Christmas? All come in at very similar prices.

Thank you very much.

Rhezner

Admirable
a k70 rgb would be quite a bit cheaper. It is completely personal preference, If you want a better gaming experience then another monitor wont do you much good as you cant go triple monitor gaming with mismatched monitors (you can but it would look pretty bad). The monitor would allow you to multitask more efficiently.

Which do you want more? (Stupid question but hear me out)
Its down to personal taste here, the K70 is a great keyboard, and you would enjoy it if you are looking for a mechanical keyboard. I use a chiclet style keyboard and like it. I used to run 2 monitors and maybe once every few months I wished I had a third. Not often. Now that I am in college down to a single monitor (sadly enough this was my secondary smaller monitor) I want dual monitors back. Id take that over a keyboard.
Its down to what you want more. I personally, would want a second monitor (which you already have). You may have different ideas.

CaptainFreezy

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
Thank you both for your answers. After giving it a bit more thought and thinking about what you both said, I feel going with the Mech. Keyboard would be the better option as its a bigger step up. Although my secondary monitor is nothing special, it does still do what I want it to do just fine. Compared to my keyboard which is used with everything and really isn't the best at the moment.

Once again thank you very much