Question Mechrevo X9Ti R - 9750H Processor Temps 80 at idle with 3-20% usage.

PeerPope

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
I recently ran into a failed battery situation with my laptop, had it replaced. Now I'm having serious thermal throttling issues with my CPU that I didn't have before. My laptop is on a cooling pad (hope that's the right term) and my GPU temps stay between 60 and 80 even while gaming.

I am aware that undervolting is a thing with these CPUs but I've had this laptop for about 6 months and never had to do it before.

Is it possible that undervolting becomes more necessary over time? Or should I have done it at the start?

The laptop is still under warranty so I am considering taking in for another look, but if this is normal (which I doubt), I'd rather just do the undervolt.

I can understand these temps while gaming, but at 20% usage this seems very excessive. I'm hitting thermal throttling and temps of 98 degrees while running DotA 2.

Also, there is a distinct difference in reported temps from the Manufacturer Software and CPUID (See Image)

EDIT: I know the throttling is happening, tested with DotA in windowed mode and task manager open. Showed clock speeds going down to 0.78GHz and DotA running at 12 fps.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS