'MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries' Revives The Series' Single-Player Offerings In Dec 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Crap, I'll need to buy a control stick for the first time in 15 years.
Maybe my Xbox Elite game pad will work decent for it. I hope so.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012

LOL, seriously? You're criticizing the graphics on a game that's not due out for a year?

The Xbox One controller works amazingly well for the old MW4:Mercenaries.

MW4 is really the only reason i owned a real joystick as well, but mine disappeared somehow after I moved.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012

Good to know!

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador

It's not the timing of it that is a problem. Let's face it, I'm sure there have been plenty of examples in the past of a game that had "terrible" graphics before it was ever released, & they didn't actually improve them before release.

My issue with "the graphics look terrible" is that I completely disagree. I think the graphics are quite excellent.

But then, I'm probably biased, since I not only played MW4, but also MW3 and the old MW2 (Titanium edition). These graphics are miles beyond what the old games had. Can't wait for this to come out.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Looks bad, but it is missing alot of the effects you can see in Mechwarrior Online... so for certain they'll be added since it made by the same people.
Obvious missing: Light flares, contrails, screen space reflections, environmental effects, and particles...

james.solomon

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
I have to agree, the environmental graphics looked bad. That being said, it has some time before release, so lets hope they address issues. Seriously, the video looked like something my old ps3 could do.

Never was a big fan of the mercenary games, but its been a long time so I will give it a shot. I still play MW2 with GBL in DOSBox. Love the Timberwolf, Kodiak, and Summoner, hope they make it into the game.

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
This studio makes the current online version of mechwarrior, called.... mechwarrior online.

Idk how they did it, but they made the single player game look worse than the online version.
The interface, graphics, animations, movement, the SOUNDS, everything is better in MWO versus the junk I watched in that trailer.

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

All of those are in the current multiplayer mechwarrior, MWO. So i'm sure they'll be in MW5

So you're saying an incomplete, pre-beta game doesn't look as good as a finished and published product...who would have thought...

jonb2501

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
This announcement is flat out awesome. Having spent a lot of time in Mechwarrior 3, I can't wait for this one. Running it on today's hardware will be an adventure.

Mark_283

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Last time I played an MW game, could not log in to access the game. when I could it would forget my log in. Had more problems than my $50 was worth and deleted the game.

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

They're using the same engine as MWO, so why they bothered releasing this trailer in its current state is concerning.

hannibal

Distinguished
Did we see the same trailer? The graph seems to be just fine...
The town environment seems to be a Little bit bare, but mountain environment was just fine. More trees Are needed etc. But the speed is quite essential in here so it may be better to simply graphics to achieve needed speed.

firekraker

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
My only real complain which also applies to MWO is scale. The scale of textures and objects has always been wrong. This guys is in an atlas yet rocks and bushes look gigantic. Textures also look too large considering how far away they are to be seen.

Overall I cant wait but sad to see the same issues show up. I actually think MERCS 4 did a decent job of scale at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.