MechWarrior Online Legendary Founder's Package Costs $120

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
$120 Legendary Founder's Package:
• All 4 exclusive Founder's BattleMechs featuring a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster. - You get some special skins!
• $80 value of in-game currency for in-game item purchases. - You get to spend $120 on a game that is supported by microtransactions!
• Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster. - It also has the nice feature of charging a subscription fee!
• Founder's Tag -- sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums. - Show just how good you are at wasting your money!
• Game credits -- The player’s name included as one of the "Legendary" in the MechWarrior Online game credits. - Just in case you were afraid people would only recommend your screenname's wastefulness, we decided to include your real name too!
• Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th. For just $120 you can be a beta tester!

G

PAY REAL MONEY TO BUY UNREAL PRODUCTS IN A *FREE TO PLAY* GAME

People are getting retarded with each generation all right.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]3vilgenius5[/nom]Perfect example of a pay-to-win system.[/citation]

How so? Because you can get some bonus c-bills?

The founder mechs are not uber powerful versions of current mechs. They are unique, mostly in looks and a 25% bonus to c-bills, that is not pay2win.

Pay2win is being able to use real money to become unkilling and oneshot everyone, as in Korean F2P. THAT is pay2win.

In no way does a bonus increase to credits means you will more easily win.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]SmileyTPB1[/nom]For $120 you should get a lifetime premium membership.[/citation]\

I agree with this. 120$ for 2 months of premium membership only? WOW please go DIE in a fiery crash you greedy devs

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
1. This game isn't pay to play, it's free to play. You don't have to pay if you don't want to

2. The founders mechs aren't just "skins", you get a huge boost to C-Bill earnings for the lifetime of the mech. I believe if I remember right it's a 25% boost, which is absolutely huge.

3. The 3 months of XP and C-Bill boost given are no different than going into League of Legends and buying XP and IP boosts. Same thing, different names. It's not a monthly subscription fee, stop labeling it as such.

4. Don't like the fact that other people have $120 to drop on their beloved franchise and you don't? SUCK IT UP and stop it with the trolling. And I hate to burst your guys' bubbles, but the Legendary $120 package has outsold the first two tiers at a pace of 2 to 1.

G

Were there any previews online anywhere? How do you know what you spend your money on?
A new mechwarrior sounds juicy, but i'll wait for the reviews thank you very much.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
What a waste of money on all levels, seeing as how the game is only PvP, I love the MW universe, but this is a game I'll never touch because of the PvP!

turtlespeed

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
The game is free to play, but not pay to win as the devs have said.
If you want you can buy the founder packages, no-one is forced to buy. The people who say that the devs are greedy: did you know that the devs have family as well? They have children who need to eat as well? didn't you know that??????????

crackseed

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I do feel the Legendary was too much for 120 - it didn't offer enough value. $90 would have been a more fair price. But, I don't hold it against anyone if they are paid for it - more power to them.

I purchased the $60 elite - picked my fave mech of the 4 offered [Catapult] and will enjoy the other perks that come with it. I'm a massive Mechwarrior fan and I want to at least show some support for the dev team.

turtlespeed

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
The founder mechs all have a 25% bonus that lasts as long as you play with that mech.
Playing against cpu is not so fun as playing against humans.

I myself bought the $60 dollar founder. And choose the Jenner as my founder mech. It is fast and has decent punch. Think of it as a hit and run mech.

Bottom line: if you like mechwarrior.... you could try it for free... don´t forget the founders program is limited by time.... see you in battle!

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I appreciate that this is probably a more effective business model, but I'm starting to miss the days in which you bought a game, owned it, and had equal access to all of its content as everyone else. I never feel motivated to play F2P games because they always seem so slimy when they ask for money to boost my character or speed up my progress.

Maybe after I see some gameplay I'll change my mind about this one.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
$120 upfront for a game that is supported by microtransactions ($80 value of in-game currency for in-game item purchases) as well as being subscription based (Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster). Break out the chains-saws, time for an ass-rape.

turtlespeed

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
@ halls

Personally I am single player more then multi player online etc. But to be honest that's quiet Remi
But it has been quiet long that a mech game is produced for PC. Financially it's not good for many people.
If we like to see more mechwarrior then this is the time to spupport them.
It doesn't have to be 30.60 or a wopping $120 . Every $1 someone wants to pay is allready great.

They announced a single player... but that's the future. No idea when that will be released.
That is one game I would liek to buy. =)

athlondude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I dunno, $120 is a bit pricey, and evidently your not guarranteed a slot in the beta if you sign up for any of the founders pakcs which is pretty lame. On the flip side, if you go to the website and check the forums alot, and i mean ALOT of the members there have shelled out the $120 so it would seem that its got some sort of appeal. Myself, no, no game is worth $120 at least no game I have seen so far. On thing that does concern me is that you pay $30, $60, $120, do you get prioritywhen joining a game or do you have to wait in line like everyone else? And Why isnt that mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS