Medal honor pacific assault on vista

burabylla

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hello,
Well I had no problem installing it on my Vista machine, and the game even started, but I kept getting a white screen after a while. Eventually it just wouldn't go past boot camp. Tried the Admin thing and even the compatability settings....no luck.

Solution
I would still look at drivers dude, I've got the same game, and Vista. Once mine was installed, I played all the way through with no issues. So I doubt it is Vista itself. Have you checked heat perhaps? Another thing though, and you should not have to do this, but I bought ghostbusters a while back and had all kinds of problems. I think I actually ended up running the direct x9 installer that was on disc, then it worked afterward. Don't ask me why it made me do that, but the game worked after that if I remember. So some of the games could be a little different, especially if coded on xp.

arges86

Distinguished
does this only happen w/ this one game?
have you ruled out drivers, or hardware?

I would try updating to the latest drivers (even beta) from the manufacturers web site.
If that doesn't work, then try rolling back to older versions.

burabylla

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

This is the oly game it's happened with and it doesn't appear to be the drivers either.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I would still look at drivers dude, I've got the same game, and Vista. Once mine was installed, I played all the way through with no issues. So I doubt it is Vista itself. Have you checked heat perhaps? Another thing though, and you should not have to do this, but I bought ghostbusters a while back and had all kinds of problems. I think I actually ended up running the direct x9 installer that was on disc, then it worked afterward. Don't ask me why it made me do that, but the game worked after that if I remember. So some of the games could be a little different, especially if coded on xp.

Solution