Medal of Honor Reboot Info, New Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sigh, I almost hoped we could play through the eyes of an insurgent there.

zypr3xa

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I dont care for single play stuff! Lets see some MP Action!!! I have been playing BFBC2 and its going to be a tough one to beat that game!

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]zypr3xa[/nom]I dont care for single play stuff! Lets see some MP Action!!! I have been playing BFBC2 and its going to be a tough one to beat that game![/citation]
Ironic that you mention BFBC2. DICE (same developer that created BFBC2) will be developing the multilayer part of the new MOH game.
The single player is being created by a separate EA studio in LA.

I just hope that the two studios are working closely together. Would suck if the single player is amazing and then the multiplayer sucks, or vice versa. Or if the MP feels like a completely different game than the SP.

Dawgsoverrebs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hope the Graphics in that screen arent an indication of what the final product will be i want to see at least dx10 with dx11 option and some min requirements along the lines of BC2. No more of this Assasins creep 2 stuff

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]anonamous[/nom]Sigh, I almost hoped we could play through the eyes of an insurgent there.[/citation]
if u want to be an insurgent in a game check out project reality, its a mod for the battlefield 2 engine and is coming soon to ArmA 2, its the only game i know that u can choose to be real insurgent.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol, everything EA do and say is hilarious. they were saying that "oh, MOH lost its way, it used to be cutting edge and innovative, but it lost all that as the series has declined, but with this reboot we are going to bring all the innovation back!... by shamelessly ripping off MW and mindlessly jumping on the same bandwagon..."

G

"if u want to be an insurgent in a game check out project reality, its a mod for the battlefield 2 engine and is coming soon to ArmA 2, its the only game i know that u can choose to be real insurgent."

coughcounterstrikecough

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]mrdrinkinglysol[/nom]*Sigh* Another war FPS. Don't people ever get tired of these?[/citation]

FPS = First Person Shooter, to be realistic since that is what most people want from games nowadays, how often besides in War does one pull out a gun and shoot people? The days of Quake and Unreal Tournament are long gone unfortunately.

xanterra

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
To be honest, I've never found a FPS that I could really get into...
RTS, Turn-Based Strategy, RPG, MMORPG is what I've liked. Part of that is how I like being at least semi-magical, but I also find shooting holes in people with a gun dreadfully...mundane. Even rockets would be better.

xanterra

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]xanterra[/nom]To be honest, I've never found a FPS that I could really get into...RTS, Turn-Based Strategy, RPG, MMORPG is what I've liked. Part of that is how I like being at least semi-magical, but I also find shooting holes in people with a gun dreadfully...mundane. Even rockets would be better.[/citation]
If anyone knows a FPS where you do something more inventive, please respond. There must be something to them if so many people play them...

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]FPS = First Person Shooter, to be realistic since that is what most people want from games nowadays, how often besides in War does one pull out a gun and shoot people? The days of Quake and Unreal Tournament are long gone unfortunately.[/citation]

Trends like this are on a loop. There may be another stage between now and getting back to games like that, but at some point games like that will be the tops again.

DJ898

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Team Fortress 2 is still fun! We have rockets, drunk Scots, medics, flamethrowers and Heavy Weapons Guy!

Honestly, TF2 is the only FPS I have truly enjoyed.

burtzum

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]xanterra[/nom]If anyone knows a FPS where you do something more inventive, please respond. There must be something to them if so many people play them...[/citation]

Sometimes you can get a strategy flavor to them. I used to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault in a clan-based setting with all of us communicating on teamspeak and taking order's and assigned positions against an enemy team. With the realism mod you couldn't spray and pray as much so play was more slow and thoughtful. The maps usually had key choke points to defend. Games like Battlefield 2 or Tribes would allow for even more strategy aspects. When it comes to FPS games I actually prefer more realistic slower paced games rather than games full of rockets and BFGs and whatnot. Fast paced frag fests with goofy weapons gets very boring very fast for me. I get fun out of FPS games by stalking and hunting people. With that said, FPS games are not my favorite either. Multi-player FPS can be fun but I have no interest in single-player when it comes to this genre.

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Another FPS... Good BFBC2 AND MW2 Where Starting to get boring.
I think dreamphantom 1977 is on to something there, that could be fun

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]if u want to be an insurgent in a game check out project reality, its a mod for the battlefield 2 engine and is coming soon to ArmA 2, its the only game i know that u can choose to be real insurgent.[/citation]
Don't forget the Insurgency mod for Counter-Strike.

To dreamphantom: Such a game already exists - Huxley: The Dystopia.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]zypr3xa[/nom]I dont care for single play stuff! Lets see some MP Action!!! I have been playing BFBC2 and its going to be a tough one to beat that game![/citation]

I feel the exact opposite. I want singleplayer action. I'm only interested in multiplayer if it's coop or a roleplaying or otherwise slowpaced game.

manny_bones

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]sheath[/nom]anonamous^^and have what? 3 moves? Run, Yell, and Blow self up?[/citation]

That would actually be pretty hilarious. Especially in multiplayer with auto-balance on...

Status
Not open for further replies.