Media creation tool error, windows update error

murphyjosh225

Commendable
Feb 15, 2018
Okay so my first problem started when my network adapter stopped connecting to the internet and 99% sure it’s because of my pc not being able to update.
On the windows update settings I get an error “there were some problems installing updates, but well try again later. If you keep seeing this blah blah (0x8007042c)
I’ve done stuff like clean boot up messing about with windows update in cmd prompt with tutorials none worked, but there was a tutorial on ytube that seemed popular to fix this but now I can connect to the internet so I guess the main issue right now is connecting back to the internet.
I use a tp link wireless USB adapter and I can’t remember what i triggered to make it stop working. I run a trouble shoot and says something wrong with it or it’s broken but it’s fine, but the usb is flashing green n pretty sure it was flashing blue before
Would be great full if someone could help me out
Also when looking for available network settings nothing shows up, only when I boot up my pc and on the page where I do my password I can see the available networks when I click the network icon

I5 4460

murphyjosh225

Commendable
Feb 15, 2018
Bit of a different problem now, was going through a tutorial on trying to fix my windows update error and I downloaded a tool which I forgot now but it upgrades windows 10 which I guess manually does the updates but when I run the tool it comes up with an error
Any help will be much appreciated

murphyjosh225

Commendable
Feb 15, 2018
No problem with my network now, just the upgrade tool and windows update situation, the tool which I forgot was called was media creation tool.
Also the error code is 0x80080005-0x90017 which is weird cus I’ve only seen people having the 0x80080005-0x90016 problem