Media Creation Tool not offering Win 10 PRO ?

CROcodile20

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
So, I have a fully activated Windows 8.1 Pro, and when I run the Windows Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10), it offers me Windows 10 Home for some reason (It doesn't say PRO, so it its just the Home version, which I don't want).

How can I fix this ?

Thanks in advance !

Solution

There is no difference between the PRO and normal version. ITs the same install media.

When you do your install, your CD key will determine whether or not the Pro features are enabled.

I had this question a while ago. When you are in the installation process, the version installed will be determined by your CD key. It is not a separate install like other versions.

If you dont input a CD key right away the features will be activated when you do so.

CROcodile20

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
So to be clear, if I choose "create installation media for another PC" and then choose "Windows 10", will I get the PRO version?

And how can I check if it or isn't the PRO version (I want to download it on my USB stick)

There is no difference between the PRO and normal version. ITs the same install media.

When you do your install, your CD key will determine whether or not the Pro features are enabled.

Solution