G

From the November PC World (pg. 126):

"Intel's Pentium 4, the current speed champ comes in clock rates approaching 1.4 GHz or greater. Nipping at its heels are the 1GHz plus AMD Athlon and Intel Pentium III CPUs. Combined with pricey components such as Rambus DRAM or DDR SDRAM memory...these barnburners are suitable for heavy duty multitasking."

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Sorry, but the P4 is NOT the "speed champ." We are in mid-November and still no P4 at all. And if it is speed you want then let's see the benchmarks that show it is faster. HMMM??? Where are they?

The P3 DOES NOT exist in any 1 GHz plus machines, only the Athlon goes past the gig.

Pricey components DO include Rambus DRAM, but NOT DDR SDRAM. I can order a DDR Athlon 1 GHz machine from Best Buy (God forbid) right now for just $1700.

Don't believe ANYTHING YOU READ FROM IDG.NET, Ziff-Davis, or Cnet. Stick to the best: Tom's, Anand, Ars, etc.

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ur right. the P4 is going to suck. I'll stick with my T-Bird. When DDR comes out, i'll wait a few months for the technology to prove itself stable and worthy of my buying it.

TRENDING THREADS