Media PC Aspect Ratio and Resolution

caveman178355

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
A few weeks ago I finished my media pc for my front room, I'm using Intel integrated graphics and am connected to a 16:9 tv.

However, the aspect ration is wrong, there are black bars at the top and bottom but people are short and fat on the picture. When I change the tv aspect ratio I get a thick black border.

Is there any way to adjust aspect ratios so the picture fills the screen?

Solution
Set the PC's resolution to the TV's resolution and it should fit perfectly. If the resolution is set correctly but you have black around the entire edge of the screen, you will need to find the overscan setting in the Intel Graphics Control Panel and adjust it until it fits.

modernwar99

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Set the PC's resolution to the TV's resolution and it should fit perfectly. If the resolution is set correctly but you have black around the entire edge of the screen, you will need to find the overscan setting in the Intel Graphics Control Panel and adjust it until it fits.

Solution
What are the system specs? Are you using a video card? Are the latest drivers for the video card/adapter installed? How about the operating system - you just finished it a few weeks ago so...Is Windows fully updated? Force Windows to check for updates even if it reports that it is up to date. Control panel>windows update>click "check for updates" on the left pane. You shouldn't need to adjust the aspect ratio via the TV, the computer should do it.