Media player 10 does not work

I just reloaded Windows XP Pro onto my computer and downloaded all the
updates that I possibly could, but when I try to update to Media Player 10,
I get a message saying that "This version of Windows Media Technologies is
incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the
information at the Microsoft web site." Then when I try to load Media
Player 9 series, I get the same message. Apparently, I am unable to play
any Media Player programs. What do I do?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I just reloaded Windows XP Pro onto my computer and downloaded
> all the
> updates that I possibly could, but when I try to update to
> Media Player 10,
> I get a message saying that "This version of Windows Media
> Technologies is
> incompatible with this version of Windows. For more
> information, view the
> information at the Microsoft web site." Then when I try to
> load Media
> Player 9 series, I get the same message. Apparently, I am
> unable to play
> any Media Player programs. What do I do?

Download the setup file manualy,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b446ae53-3759-40cf-80d5-cde4bbe07999&DisplayLang=en
personaly I prefered WMP9 when im forced to use WMP, other wise i use
a less bulky, less system resorce using, less memory hoging media
player like real player.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Media-player-10-work-ftopict415051.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1383004