• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

media player 9...plays mp3's ok..but no video..or fuzzy

TJ

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer to XP Home edition from win98
and installed media player 9 also. MP#'s play fine,
however any mpeg videos just play the sound only, and if
they do play a big black square blocks the picture and
only the very top and bottom of the video can be seen. I
didn't have to have any special codecs for all my vidios
to play on my former win media 7.1 player. So Im
wondering how to fix this. Also...it seems like I cannot
remove media player from the "remove sofware" feature in
the control panel and attempt to reinstall it.
Anyways...maybe someone knows of a setting or a few steps
I could take to resolve, thanks.

you need an mpeg decoder, usually supplied by third party software such as
powerdvd.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP