media player/real one

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had some useful info re: my original question. But no direct answer. Many
streaming radio stations give one a choice of clicking on media player or
real player. I can click on either and listen. On my wife's similar
computer, no matter what she clicks, real player appears. Can we reset
something so that she too has the choice.

A number of people suggested getting rid of Real Player. Would I do that
just through Remove Program? And if we load something else, would the
streaming stations that offer Real Player and Media Player as options come in?

Jerry

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had some useful info re: my original question. But no direct answer.
Many
> streaming radio stations give one a choice of clicking on media player or
> real player. I can click on either and listen. On my wife's similar
> computer, no matter what she clicks, real player appears. Can we reset
> something so that she too has the choice.

Try starting WMP and selecting tools -> options -> file types

This list tells you which files WMP is associated with.