Media websites such as Youtube and Twitch work fine on all of my devices except on my laptop but only on my home wifi.

Nov 2, 2019
As the title states, when I'm on my home wifi, my laptop wont load YouTube at all and will load Twitch with the exception that streams won't play. This just started happening and I'm not exactly sure why. My laptop has been running Youtube and Twitch at 1080P with no problems before, but now I can't even load a video. I'm fairly certain it's a WiFi issue because once I tested my laptop at work and at school, everything was running perfectly. All other devices in my home are working just fine, it's just my laptop that having this issue and it is only happening when I'm connected to my WiFi. All other websites that don't have media load just fine. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Laptop Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-9750H
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660ti
RAM: 16GB

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Have you scanned the affected system for malware/viruses? With only a single system affected, the issue is with it and we need to isolate the possible issues. Does this slow down occur via all browsers?

Nov 2, 2019
Have you scanned the affected system for malware/viruses? With only a single system affected, the issue is with it and we need to isolate the possible issues. Does this slow down occur via all browsers?
I scanned my system and there are no viruses/malware. This laptop is less than 2 months old and like I said, once I switch to another wifi such as the one at my school or work, everything runs perfectly without issue. I've tested videos on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer and all are super slow or wont even load. All my drivers are up to date, I've given my laptop highest priority in my router settings, and even played around with firewall/windows defender but the issue still pursues.

Nov 2, 2019
Are you using QoS to limit some devices on your router?
I called my WiFi service provider and they factory reset my modem and now it is all good. Not sure why it was only affecting my laptop but everything works perfectly now. Thank you for the help, really appreciate it!

TRENDING THREADS