News MediaTek and AMD Team Up on Wi-Fi 6E Chips for Next-Gen Ryzen PCs

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
This is inevitable. I don't think AMD is happy to feed their competitor with every system they sell, at least most mid range motherboard should come with an Intel Wifi.

korekan

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
its kinda good wifi speed increasing fast.
while its so sad internet speed not as fast as wifi speed upgrade.
also the router still kinda expensive.
for th AC router the most cheapest wifi still at $20
and you are not going to upgrade every year as long as it working and your internet speed is not getting bigger every year

and you are not going to upgrade every year as long as it working and your internet speed is not getting bigger every year

I get 1200mbps internet at my house and I'm fairly rural. How much more do you need? Most devices and computers are still on gigabit ethernet. I had to spend alot of money upgrading my pc, network switch, modem and router to make them 2.5gbe. It wasn't cheap. So even if they increased speed around here, most households couldn't use the speed anyways.

$20 for a wireless AC router is cheap, how much cheaper do you need it to be?

Mr.Vegas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
This is inevitable. I don't think AMD is happy to feed their competitor with every system they sell, at least most mid range motherboard should come with an Intel Wifi.

Its not up to them, but up to the board manufacturers and public.
And public wants Intel LAN and Intel WiFi, because its the best bar none in the mainstream segment, has best drivers, support and it just works.

Mr.Vegas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019

20$ is expensive? Maybe you forgot a second zero?