Medion PC stuck at black screen with blinking underscore after fresh install of windows 10

AscendLegend

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
So the computer was running windows 8.1 before the format, so i thought i would upgrade to Win 10. The installation was completed succesfully and it restarted so it could boot to windows, all i would get was a black screen with a blinking underscore.
Checked the HDD, it's working
Used another HDD, same issue
Managed to boot to windows with an ancient 80gb HDD with Win8.1 but won't let me install GPU Drivers

Mobo : Medion Ms- 7667
Cpu : i7 2600k
gpu : Gtx 970
8 gb ram

Solution
So you already proven the hardware is fine using another Win8 HDD.

So that should guide to a problem with the WIn10 HDD, which its either not seeing as a boot drive in BIOS or the bootloader off the drive.

After the initial install of Win10 image to the hdd and it reboots to complete the setup of devices, does the hdd light continue to flash as if it is loading with a black screen
So you already proven the hardware is fine using another Win8 HDD.

So that should guide to a problem with the WIn10 HDD, which its either not seeing as a boot drive in BIOS or the bootloader off the drive.

After the initial install of Win10 image to the hdd and it reboots to complete the setup of devices, does the hdd light continue to flash as if it is loading with a black screen

Solution

TRENDING THREADS