Question Medium Range Gaming Build

Apr 20, 2019
This is my first build, I haven't bought anything, I'm just looking for some advice before I commit to anything, so I'd be very thankful if you could check these components and point at possible flaws or bottlenecks. Take into account that this is a gaming PC, but I'm not into super heavy 3D AAA games, my games are more CPU intensive, but I still want a nice GPU for a little video editing now and then.

- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 590 8 GB or ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 1660 6 GB
(They are the same price in my country)
- AMD RYZEN 5 2600X
(The Intel Core i5 9600K has faster single core speed but it is way more expensive)
- GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE
(Really not sure about this, I just know it fits my budget)
- SEASONIC M12II-620 80 PLUS BRONZE
(Modular, 620W)
- SEAGATE 2 TB 7200 RPM
(There are no SSD with decent capacity within my budget range)
- HYPERX FURY 8 GB DDR4 2400
(Don't really know if I need 16)
- Any case with at least 2 fans at the front and 1 at the back with a bottom sleeve for the PSU.

WildCard999

Titan
Price to performance your better off with the 2600 and not the X version as it's much cheaper and performs just as good. For the GPU either is a solid choice so whatever is cheaper is what I'd go with. The motherboard is good but with the money saved by going with the 2600 I'd use that to increase memory speed to 3000 or 3200mhz as it makes a big difference with the performance of AMD Ryzen. HDD is fine and case is whatever is affordable for you but a good case for the price, if available, is the Fractal Design Focus G and the PSU is good if that's what's available. All in all it's a solid gaming build.

Apr 20, 2019
Price to performance your better off with the 2600 and not the X version as it's much cheaper and performs just as good. For the GPU either is a solid choice so whatever is cheaper is what I'd go with. The motherboard is good but with the money saved by going with the 2600 I'd use that to increase memory speed to 3000 or 3200mhz as it makes a big difference with the performance of AMD Ryzen. HDD is fine and case is whatever is affordable for you but a good case for the price, if available, is the Fractal Design Focus G and the PSU is good if that's what's available. All in all it's a solid gaming build.

I think I have solved all the issues, had to increase my budget a bit, but I was worried about the MB quality and the PSU so I upgraded those, went for the all AMD build, 2x 4G instead of 1x 8G of memory, it's now 3200 and found what I think is a nice case, there isn't much availability for me sadly. The system is air cooled only, and I'm supposing the wraith will be enough for the CPU. I think I'm happy with this. Let me know if you spot anything else.

GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 590 8 GB
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600
MB: ASUS PRIME X470 PRO
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS 750 GOLD - SEMI-MODULAR
HDD: SEAGATE 2 TB 7200 RPM
RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 4 GB DDR4 3200 (x2)
CASE:
PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P400 TG

WildCard999

Titan
I think I have solved all the issues, had to increase my budget a bit, but I was worried about the MB quality and the PSU so I upgraded those, went for the all AMD build, 2x 4G instead of 1x 8G of memory, it's now 3200 and found what I think is a nice case, there isn't much availability for me sadly. The system is air cooled only, and I'm supposing the wraith will be enough for the CPU. I think I'm happy with this. Let me know if you spot anything else.

GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 590 8 GB
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600
MB: ASUS PRIME X470 PRO
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS 750 GOLD - SEMI-MODULAR
HDD: SEAGATE 2 TB 7200 RPM
RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 4 GB DDR4 3200 (x2)
CASE:
PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P400 TG
Looks good, the stock cooler will keep the 2600 cool but can get a bit audible.