Membrane Keyboard Key stuck in when Pressed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2158095
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2158095

I've recently had the "A" key on my keyboard getting stuck inside when I press it. It doesn't always do it and when it does all I have to do to unstuck it is press it again lightly. Althought I could be fine with typing by pressing the "A" key twice I play online games where movement must be precise so that is making me overwalk when using WASD control scheme. I've tried taking of the key caps and cleaning everything under it, I've cleaned with air duster, I've also tried switching a different key in it's slot but the slot kept having that issue. I would prefer not to have to disassemble the back part of the keyboard but if it's required I have no problem in doing it. If that's required please point me towards a video tutorial so I don't break my keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well it's not the key cap so much as it is the mechanism underneath it, the switch. If you can/know how to take it off, you should clean it. I'm assuming it worked well up to one point?
Instructions on how to clean it you can find on youtube but it'll depend on your keyboard. Is it mechanical? Not? Try typing in your keyboard model and something like key clean into youtube search and see what comes up. Watch a few videos, doesn't have to be exact same keyboard, just similar model for keypressing.

Sedivy

Estimable
Well it's not the key cap so much as it is the mechanism underneath it, the switch. If you can/know how to take it off, you should clean it. I'm assuming it worked well up to one point?
Instructions on how to clean it you can find on youtube but it'll depend on your keyboard. Is it mechanical? Not? Try typing in your keyboard model and something like key clean into youtube search and see what comes up. Watch a few videos, doesn't have to be exact same keyboard, just similar model for keypressing.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2158095

Since I cleaned key cap and the mechanism under it I'm guessing you mean the back side of the keyboard with the rubber parts? I'm kinda afraid of messing it up how easy is it to reassemble? Issue is I cant look up a video because I need to type down the search.

D

Deleted member 2158095

I've already cleaned under the keycap was I mentioned above. My keyboard is GTX 280 and the rubber parts I meant is the back panel of the keyboard where there are the circuits with rubber parts and such.

Sedivy

Estimable
No don't touch anything underneath. If the key is getting stuck, it'll get stuck to other keys or because of its own mechanism that sits under the cap. How did you clean it? Alcohol? Purel? Something else? Did you take it off completely and disassemble it or just try dabbing it with a qtip while it was still sitting on the keyboard?

D

Deleted member 2158095

I had removed the key completely cleaning it and everything under it withouth disassembling, but as we speak I have disassembled it and mounted it back and now it's another key that isn't working, so by that I found out the membrane is broken and I will see if I can get the warranty. If not (because I disassembled it and assembled back) I'll just move that membrane to an unused key and let it be. Thank you for your time anyway.