Memorial day is not a Holiday

SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
a as far as your anytime minutes go.

Røbert M. wrote:

> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> a as far as your anytime minutes go.

So ? As far as I know they never did.
Sorry I don't get your point .

Murph

Frankie says <Frnksys@youknow.com> wrote:

> R?bert M. wrote:
>
>> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
>> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
>> a as far as your anytime minutes go.
>
> So ? As far as I know they never did.
> Sorry I don't get your point .

You'd be surprised how many people over on the VZ newsgroup keep asking,
year after year, "is HOLIDAY_X charged as off-peak"...

Mike

Splendid

Frankie says wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
>
>> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
>> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
>> a as far as your anytime minutes go.
>

> So ? As far as I know they never did.
> Sorry I don't get your point .
>
> Murph

Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
not others, right?

-mike

Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
> not others, right?

Yup. That's the way it's always been.

Eric

spamtrap@zbuffer.com (Mike) wrote:
> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I
> guess it's some holidays and not others,
> right?
> -mike

Easter was on a Sunday, so that would count as unlimited night and
weekend minutes.

Eric

In article <PUfuc.15480$Tn6.10195@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Frankie says wrote:
> >

> > Røbert M. wrote:
> >
> >> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> >> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> >> a as far as your anytime minutes go.
> >

> > So ? As far as I know they never did.

But other carriers have Holidays where minutes are like "weekends",
so some SprintPCS users get caught by that. Sorry you don't like the
idea of being helpful.

> > Sorry I don't get your point .
> >
> > Murph
> >

> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
> not others, right?

Duh - easter usually falls on a Sunday, and if you minutes for free it
was because you have free weekends, and not because it wasEaster.

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote in message
> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> a as far as your anytime minutes go.

Yeah- why should Sprint employees be allowed to enjoy the holiday, like the
rest of the country? After all, Phil might have a need to contact ES, and
anything more than a 30 second hold time (holiday or not) would be totally
unacceptable.

Orac

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

In article <VDeuc.16633$be.9222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Frankie says <Frnksys@youknow.com> wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
>
> > SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> > your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> > a as far as your anytime minutes go.
>
> So ? As far as I know they never did.
> Sorry I don't get your point .

His point is either to troll or to bitch about Sprint.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
| inconvenience me with questions?"

Orac

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

In article <rmarkoff-118D0A.05123430052004@news05.east.earthlink.net>,
"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

> In article <PUfuc.15480$Tn6.10195@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
> > Frankie says wrote:

> > > So ? As far as I know they never did.
>
> But other carriers have Holidays where minutes are like "weekends",
> so some SprintPCS users get caught by that. Sorry you don't like the
> idea of being helpful.

Out of curiosity, which carriers and which holidays? Or can't you tell
us?

> > > Sorry I don't get your point .
> > >
> > > Murph
> > >

> > Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
> > not others, right?
>
> Duh - easter usually falls on a Sunday, and if you minutes for free it
> was because you have free weekends, and not because it wasEaster.

Duh, yourself. You obviously totally missed the very obvious sarcasm
directed at you by the comment about Easter minutes being free.

(Orac) wrote:
> Out of curiosity, which carriers and which
> holidays? Or can't you tell us?

Well, I know that Verizon and AT&T consider the following to be free
airtime holidays:

New Year's Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day

Eric

Orac

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

In article <rmarkoff-D204DA.19511229052004@news03.east.earthlink.net>,
"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> a as far as your anytime minutes go.

This is very old news and clearly spelled out in the Sprint contract.
So, your point in posting this is...?

(Orac) wrote:
> This is very old news and clearly spelled out
> in the Sprint contract. So, your point in
> posting this is...?

The point is that it is good that someone posted this... regardless of
who did it. Every holiday, it never fails that someone in this
newsgroup asks if "X" holiday is free airtime.

Eric

ME

Orac <orac@mac.com> wrote in news:eek:rac-81F8FF.10243730052004
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> In article <VDeuc.16633$be.9222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Frankie says <Frnksys@youknow.com> wrote:
>
>> Røbert M. wrote:
>>
>> > SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
>> > your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
>> > a as far as your anytime minutes go.

Damn not again every holiday the same thing.

>> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I
>> guess it's some holidays and not others,
>> right?

>Easter was on a Sunday, so that would count as unlimited night and
>weekend minutes.

I think he was poking fun at our resident troll - tounge in cheek type of
stuff, you know, subtle yet to the point.

--
John S.

In article <20040530111711.19141.00000213@mb-m02.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I
> >> guess it's some holidays and not others,
> >> right?
>

> >Easter was on a Sunday, so that would count as unlimited night and
> >weekend minutes.
>
> I think he was poking fun at our resident troll - tounge in cheek type of
> stuff, you know, subtle yet to the point.

Whats trolling about reminding folks that a National Holiday is not a
Holiday on your calling plan. THATS A GOOD FACT.

In article <orac-EED000.10265930052004@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
Orac <orac@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-D204DA.19511229052004@news03.east.earthlink.net>,
> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
>
> > SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> > your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> > a as far as your anytime minutes go.
>

> This is very old news and clearly spelled out in the Sprint contract.
> So, your point in posting this is...?

Not everyone is aware of it, so They are being reminded, is that not
reasonable?

In article <orac-81F8FF.10243730052004@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
Orac <orac@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <VDeuc.16633$be.9222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Frankie says <Frnksys@youknow.com> wrote:
>
> > Røbert M. wrote:
> >
> > > SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on Holidays, but as far as
> > > your Calling plan goes, Monday is a Monday and Daytime is PrimeTime,
> > > a as far as your anytime minutes go.
> >
> > So ? As far as I know they never did.
> > Sorry I don't get your point .
>
> His point is either to troll or to bitch about Sprint.

An apologist lamely trying to coverup for Sprint.

In article <Xns94F9501E06B33Me@207.217.125.201>, Me <me@noopmm.com,>
wrote:

> Damn not again every holiday the same thing.

Yes, every holiday a necessary reminder.

In article <25800-40B9F51A-10@storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> (Orac) wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, which carriers and which
> > holidays? Or can't you tell us?
>
> Well, I know that Verizon and AT&T consider the following to be free
> airtime holidays:
>
> New Year's Day
> Memorial Day
> 4th of July
> Labor Day
> Thanksgiving Day
> Christmas Day
>
> Eric

Correct, but not SprintPCS (which is their right) but hence an
innocent reminder, which trolling apologists get bent out of shape. I
guess they miss having holidays.

On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:12:34 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city>
wrote:

>> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
>> not others, right?
>
>Duh - easter usually falls on a Sunday, and if you minutes for free it
>was because you have free weekends, and not because it wasEaster.

Duh - Easter ALWAYS falls on a Sunday.

> > >Easter was on a Sunday, so that would count as unlimited night and
> > >weekend minutes.
> >
> > I think he was poking fun at our resident troll - tounge in cheek type
of
> > stuff, you know, subtle yet to the point.
>

> Whats trolling about reminding folks that a National Holiday is not a
> Holiday on your calling plan. THATS A GOOD FACT.

This post doesn't have anything to do with your nom de plume of Troll
Phillipe. You earned that for everything else you've done in this newsgroup.

What's more, no one asked about Memorial Day and whether it was free to call
.... have they?

Bob

Eric

rmarkoff@faq.city (Røbert M.) wrote:
> SprintPCS may short staff its Call Centers on
> Holidays, but as far as your Calling plan goes,
> Monday is a Monday and Daytime is
> PrimeTime, a as far as your anytime minutes
> go.

In any event, happy Memorial day to everyone. Let's try to spend the
day with our loved ones (if we can) and salute those in uniform who have
served and are serving our country.

Eric

In article <enpkb01e75keflp05uh0pf9q18j5cdfi55@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:12:34 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city>
> wrote:
>
> >> Funny. All my calls on Easter were free. I guess it's some holidays and
> >> not others, right?
> >
> >Duh - easter usually falls on a Sunday, and if you minutes for free it
> >was because you have free weekends, and not because it wasEaster.
>
> Duh - Easter ALWAYS falls on a Sunday.

Just replying to a sarcastic message with equal sarcasm.

Orac

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

In article <rmarkoff-C91B39.13511730052004@news03.east.earthlink.net>,
"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

> In article <orac-81F8FF.10243730052004@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> Orac <orac@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <VDeuc.16633$be.9222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> > Frankie says <Frnksys@youknow.com> wrote:

> > > So ? As far as I know they never did.
> > > Sorry I don't get your point .
> >
> > His point is either to troll or to bitch about Sprint.
>
> An apologist lamely trying to coverup for Sprint.

You're a perfect example of what I was talking about.