Memorie Question

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
hi guys I have a Asus P4C800 Deluxe, and I have 4x512 pc3200 DUAL DDR, and on My bios I have a options where a can change to PC400, if I do it I will get better performance?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LMAO! There is no such thing as PC400. PC3200 is DDR400.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
Wow for the way you answer me, you look like a really smart person

Anyway what I mean is under "Jumper Free" on my bios I got these options

"DRAM Frequency", then I got 3 choice,266 Mhz,320 and 400,now is auto, if I choice 400 can I get more performance

Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
DRAM frequency should be 400 using "auto". So changing it to 400 shouldn't help. But you're welcome to try it, there's always the slim chance auto is using slower settings.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That would likely be BIOS trying to make your board stable with a greater number of DIMMs. More DIMMs puts more stress on memory timings. As long as it works stabley at 400, use that setting instead.