Question Memory 2x8gb + 4gb ddr4 ?

Jul 20, 2022
Hello sir i have a 2x8gb 2,666mhz cl16 and a 4gb ddr4 2,666mhz cl16 same hyper x memory. I just want to know if this will work or not if i insert that 3memory ? And what motherboard should i buy that has a 4 memory slots ? My procie CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G. Thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
It might work or you might get errors.
Are the 2x8gb one set?

It generally better to use matching ram, the 4gb may have matching stats but it might be just slightly different enough to cause errors. You probably better just using the 16gb

Jul 20, 2022
It might work or you might get errors.
Are the 2x8gb one set?

It generally better to use matching ram, the 4gb may have matching stats but it might be just slightly different enough to cause errors. You probably better just using the 16gb
I have bought my 2x8gb not as a set but I bought it the same day and im using it now

As for my 4gb ddr4, I had it from the same store 3 years ago.

My motherboard right now is a320 and it has only 2slot of memory, So I wanted to buy a 4-slot motherboard because Im planning to use the 4gb ddr4 I bought to enhance my memory.

Im just not certain if it will work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have bought my 2x8gb not as a set but I bought it the same day and im using it now
thats about best way to have best chance of matching sticks, same day in same store. Some ram makers tend to use different ram chips on different versions of the ram, even inside same families so it can be difficult. Corsair for instance trend to use Micron or Samsung.

My motherboard right now is a320 and it has only 2slot of memory, So I wanted to buy a 4-slot motherboard because Im planning to use the 4gb ddr4 I bought to enhance my memory.
i can't guarantee the 4gb will work but no reason you can't buy another set of 4 or 4 sticks in same day or similar combo. Its safer to buy a set of ram as the sticks been tested to work with each other. Individual sticks have no guarantees.

Hello sir i have a 2x8gb 2,666mhz cl16 and a 4gb ddr4 2,666mhz cl16 same hyper x memory. I just want to know if this will work or not if i insert that 3memory ? And what motherboard should i buy that has a 4 memory slots ? My procie CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G. Thank you
Are you using all the ram you have now?

Replacing the mobo with something that has 4 slots will open a can of worms.