Question Memory And CPU Skyrocketing! need help

Jun 26, 2019
Hey everyone i'm not sure if this should be posted in this forum but it seems so, if not please let me know so I can repost for the best responses. Thank you.

I'm not computer savvy at all and heard some antivirus don't scan for spyware and really dont know where to start learning for myself or how to address this issue in particular. This is my gaming pc and lately my offline gaming has been CTD and framey which led me to check task manager and i'm not sure what the issue is or even if this is a typically task manager reading.
I seem to be having a serious problem.
My Memory just sitting on desktop with TM open is a consistent 80%+
I'm not even subscribed to Norton But its constantly using 50-150MB and am having issues uninstalling it with uninstallerPro.
Windows says the pc is clean and safe though.
I went into device manager and did a "search for driver updates" and all were claimed to be up to date.

Not to mention having 4 tabs open is causing pages to "not responding" for a few seconds when in the past I've tested being able to have 20+ tabs with no problem.
Just opening paint to past the print screens for the images I saw CPU jump to 70%
The images are with internet explorer open and the other at desktop running task manager.

Anything helps, I really want to figure out what's going on. Thanks.

Images (trying to get insert image to work) Advanced options mentioned attaching files though no option was seen.
https://ibb.co/mFHQjsD

https://ibb.co/2ZJxnSZ

Here are my specs if that helps
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 DirectX 12 04G-P4-2977-RX 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video ...

Rosewill Capstone-G650, Capstone G Series 650W Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified, Single +12V Rail, SLI & Crossfire ...

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform ...

ASUS Z170-E LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-6500 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.2 GHz LGA 1151 65W BX80662I56500 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530

CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU

OCZ TRION 150 2.5" 480GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) TRN150-25SAT3-480G

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS