Question Memory and Upgrade Help.

May 4, 2023
Hello everyone I have a quick question. I am looking to upgrade my current Pc - Here are the specs -

Device name DESKTOP
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
GPU - GTX 1050 ti
700w power supply

I mainly use the Pc for producing music and editing video in premire pro [ premire pro lags alot ] and some mid level gaming.

My question 1. Is it worth upgrading my Ram to 32Gb or is it better to just get a ryzen 5 or i5 or i7 that has more slots for ram due to the i3 only having 2 slots for Ram ?

Can any one recommend a better set up if posible that is budget friendly ?

Thank You For Reading My post.

May 4, 2023
I would recommend going for a whole new system. That Intel platform is so old that it isn't even worth upgrading your processor to an i7. I would recommend Ryzen 5 or 7 with 16GB of RAM. The more RAM you can afford the better. If you don't intend on gaming then there is no problem carrying over that graphics card either.

Reactions: SpectrumAudio
May 4, 2023
I would recommend going for a whole new system. That Intel platform is so old that it isn't even worth upgrading your processor to an i7. I would recommend Ryzen 5 or 7 with 16GB of RAM. The more RAM you can afford the better. If you don't intend on gaming then there is no problem carrying over that graphics card either.
Thanks for the comment if i went with a ryzen 5 or 7 what would be a decent budget friendly GPU ?

Hello everyone I have a quick question. I am looking to upgrade my current Pc - Here are the specs -

Device name DESKTOP
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
GPU - GTX 1050 ti
700w power supply

I mainly use the Pc for producing music and editing video in premire pro [ premire pro lags alot ] and some mid level gaming.

My question 1. Is it worth upgrading my Ram to 32Gb or is it better to just get a ryzen 5 or i5 or i7 that has more slots for ram due to the i3 only having 2 slots for Ram ?

Can any one recommend a better set up if posible that is budget friendly ?

Thank You For Reading My post.
Depends on how high up the perf ladder you want to go and how fat your wallet is.

For around a 100 bucks you could go to 16GB of ram and a ssd for storage.

See if that fits.

May 4, 2023
Depends on how high up the perf ladder you want to go and how fat your wallet is.

For around a 100 bucks you could go to 16GB of ram and a ssd for storage.

See if that fits.
Thanks for the comment I was thinking if i where to upgrade this i3 i would go with 2 - 16gb sticks.