Memory BIOS setting on TX97 430tx

Tormented

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
In my old board (only board) the TX97-xe Chipset 430 tx
board asus, in the bios there are many memory Tweaks,
recently i bought 128 mb of 133 ram to add to my pc
before that i Had 1 stick of 32 mb sdram and the computer worked greate but when i installed the new stick the computer crashed very ofthen, i tested the memory in pure dos and it didn't crash when i go to windows 98 FE and run DIABLI the computer crashes with the nice blue screen, so I figgured that the memory is dead, but before i replaced it
i put my old SDRAm and tried to play/Do anything the computer still crashed, so i entered the BIOS and reloaded the DEFAULTS, and the problems went away,but I installed the NEw memory again, and it crashes rarly but still crashes
no here is my question, what can I change in bios to make it stop crashing? here is my MB manual:
<A HREF="http://ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock7/430tx/tx97-xe/tx97xe-303.pdf" target="_new">http://ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock7/430tx/tx97-xe/tx97xe-303.pdf</A>

<b>-----------------------</b>
-<font color=red><b>R.K.</b></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have never heard of a TX that would support modern memory of any type. Does it even post the right number when it test it at boot? I would be amazed if it did.

Suicide is painless...........

Tormented

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well it does, and recognize all of it , even if I add my old module... than it posts 160 mb 128+32

<b>-----------------------</b>
-<font color=red><b>R.K.</b></font color=red>

G

Mobos with Intel 430 TX chipset support 100 mhz and 133 mhz SDRAM DIMMS, even if they are of 64 or 128 mb.

But mobos with VX chipset can use them but with a wrong size, I tried a 64 mb DIMM and the bios detected it as a 16 mb DIMM.

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, sometimes I think I get those two mixed up. There was another one, maybe the HX, that would support both EDO and SDRAM DIMMS but only supported SDRAM to 32MB and EDO to 64MB. Anyway, these are all old chipsets from the trasition period to SDRAM. It must have been the VX that only supported modules with smaller bit chips. (a 32MB madule had 16 chips on it!).

Suicide is painless...........