CPU: i7 9700k (stock clock)
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO
Ram: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3.6Ghz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 EVO (250GB & 1TB)
GPU: RTX 2080 Super by Zotac
PSU: Corsair TX-M 650 Watt
Chassis: Corsair Carbide 275r

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/39757581
I've run TimeSpy on my new GPU, and while I was looking at my results I spotted that my Memory bus clock is reportedly at 7,751 MHz. My GPU is a 2080 Super by Zotac. It's supposed to be brand new from Amazon.

I've been having some issues with this GPU recently (outlined here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/faulty-gpu-or-driver-issue.3529392/ ), perhaps this could be a cause, partial cause, or a clue to the real cause of my issues?

Also if someone could advise me on how to turn that down to a reasonable value I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Solution
So it turns out it was a driver issue.
I used DDU to uninstall my current driver and restart in safe mode. Rolled back to driver version 431.60. Selected custom install > clean install. All seems to be functioning now.

Lutfij

Titan
Pertaining to your last, thread, you still didn't mention what the specs to your system is/are on that thread. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Here. Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Pertaining to games, have you tried with other titles? Where did you source the games from, if I may ask? If you're using Firestorm, see what MSI's Afterburner has to say. I'm assuming you're overclocking the card.

Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous Nvidia drivers?

Last edited:

Mephis39

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
Pertaining to your last, thread, you still didn't mention what the specs to your system is/are on that thread. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Here. Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Pertaining to games, have you tried with other titles? Where did you source the games from, if I may ask? If you're using Firestorm, see what MSI's Afterburner has to say. I'm assuming you're overclocking the card.

Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous Nvidia drivers?

I've updated this thread and the other with a full spec list.

I've got the latest bios update. The games are from Steam and the Epic Store. I don't seem to have any issues in non-dx12 games. Metro Exodus now just crashes on startup after I switched it to dx-12.

Mephis39

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
So it turns out it was a driver issue.
I used DDU to uninstall my current driver and restart in safe mode. Rolled back to driver version 431.60. Selected custom install > clean install. All seems to be functioning now.

Solution