Memory cards

ok, just bought ps2 for first time - yes i know im way behind...

was just wondering if anyone could tell me if any games are actually
compatible with memory cards for the ps1?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:17:43 +0000, Aidan Clarke wrote:

> ok, just bought ps2 for first time - yes i know im way behind...
>
> was just wondering if anyone could tell me if any games are actually
> compatible with memory cards for the ps1?

<flamebait>
This is why the Xbox is cheaper than the PS2
</flamebait>

Sony should through in a free memory card or at least
a decen coupon. Cards ar $25/ea

Aidan Clarke wrote:
> ok, just bought ps2 for first time - yes i know im way behind...
>
> was just wondering if anyone could tell me if any games are actually
> compatible with memory cards for the ps1?

The PS1 cards are necessary if you play/save any PS1 games using the
PS2. The PS2 needs the PS2 cards, they are different and much more space
on them. Be careful of those off brand and mega-card type memory cards
out there, best bet is to go with the Sony brand ones. Some of those
others can have problems being recognized, etc..

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:37:15 -0500, massivegrooves wrote:

> The PS1 cards are necessary if you play/save any PS1 games using the
> PS2. The PS2 needs the PS2 cards, they are different and much more space
> on them. Be careful of those off brand and mega-card type memory cards
> out there, best bet is to go with the Sony brand ones. Some of those
> others can have problems being recognized, etc..

Agreed. I bought the MAX 32m card and when I used it I could no
longer use my Pelican Wireless controller. I took it back.

Back in the PS1 days I bought off ebay large memory cards. Why
are there no decent ones for the PS2.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Aidan Clarke" <aidyclarke@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> ok, just bought ps2 for first time - yes i know im way behind...
>
> was just wondering if anyone could tell me if any games are actually
> compatible with memory cards for the ps1?

For PS2 games you need PS2 memory card.
You can play PS1 games on the PS2 but you need a PS1 memory card to save
them.

"Aidan Clarke" <aidyclarke@ntlworld.com>'s wild thoughts
were released on Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:17:43 GMT bearing the
following fruit:

>ok, just bought ps2 for first time - yes i know im way behind...
>
>was just wondering if anyone could tell me if any games are actually
>compatible with memory cards for the ps1?

All PS1 Games

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
Exposition: The location of yolks on your plate (Hershy)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]