[SOLVED] Memory Compatibility Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and I9 9900K ?

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my memory from 32Gb 2666mhz to 32Gb 3200mhz.
My concern and problem is that either memory i searched and checked in the QVL of my motherboard it doesn't exist/shows up there.

At the moment I am using this memory (HX426C16FB3K2/32). So far it is working with my current setup. Only sometimes the game crash to desktop(once or twice in a month) without any error or message. The thing I change now my case so in the same time I would like to change my memory as well for higher speed. For this one exactly (HX432C16FB3K2/32). But as I mentioned it does not show up in the QVL (compatibility list of my motherboard).
I would like 2x16Gb dual channel kit. And also this ram should be perfect for me (regarding its height) because my Cpu Cooler is a Noctua NH-D15.

The questions:

1. Do I need higher mhz ram for my I9 9900k or the 2666mhz is enough?
  2. Is the 3200mhz is going to put stress on the I9 9900k due to the 9900k is only up to 2666mhz?
  3. Is it better to put 4kit instead of 2 kit?
  4. Do I need to set the speed for the 3200mhz in bios or just I should enable xmp?
  5. And the final question: Is the chosen Ram going to work with my motherboard and Cpu?
  6. Anybody has any recommendation for Ram which is 32gb and good speed and for sure will fit under my Noctua and will be compatible for sure with my motherboard and cpu?
Thanks for your answers.

Solution
I don't think that you will see any performance change as it will be small, your motherboard will handle to speed easily and will not affect your CPU, but if you decide to get 3200MHz consider some that is on your QVL and low profile, like Corsair LPX: CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 .

RealBeast

Titan
I don't think that you will see any performance change as it will be small, your motherboard will handle to speed easily and will not affect your CPU, but if you decide to get 3200MHz consider some that is on your QVL and low profile, like Corsair LPX: CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 .

Solution