Memory Compatibility in Strix B350F with Ryzen 2000 Series.

herwinniedapooh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
The Title says it all. I just want to make sure if my 3200mhz ram (G.skill) will work on this board with the ryzen 2600 specifically since the first gen ryzen got some crazy ram issues on hand. I also checked the QVL list of the B350F and I don't see the support for the 3200 but saw 3400 with the same brand which makes me more confused and worried because I don't want to waste my money on a new board that I won't be able to use.

If I made up my mind that it's way too risky then I'll just wait for the B450 boards since their launch date is on the end of July. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Solution
It'll work. QVL's are only a measure to say that Asus has worked with rams from XYZ brands. Essentially they had the rams in their lab. Not all rams come out during the time of launch. Practically any ram will drop into those slots so long as you haven't exceed the manufacturer's spec'd frequency and capacity.

Perhaps shoot us a link to the ram kit to be double sure.

Lutfij

Titan
It'll work. QVL's are only a measure to say that Asus has worked with rams from XYZ brands. Essentially they had the rams in their lab. Not all rams come out during the time of launch. Practically any ram will drop into those slots so long as you haven't exceed the manufacturer's spec'd frequency and capacity.

Perhaps shoot us a link to the ram kit to be double sure.

Solution

herwinniedapooh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Here's the link
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gtzr
Thanks for responding C: