Memory Compatibility

Primalbeast

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Ok I see all kinds of answers here that point to yes on my question, and a few that say go ask the maufactures Tech Support. I am building a new gaming system and I am going to be ordering the remainder of my items in a week or so. I have the following mobo and chip
Gigabyte GA990 UAX-U&
AMD3 FX 8150 Black Edition
I want to install the Corsair Platinum Edition Memory that is DDR3 1866 Quad/Dual Channel
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233287
I have seen sites that say it is AMD compatiable and other say nothing. When I use the memory config on Corsair it doesn't list much of any type of selection at all. The AMD sight is even worse, and the Gigabyte list is pretty sad to say the least.
I have the money to spend on the memory I just don't want to get stuck with it and be out $400-500. Will any Dual Channel DDR3 1866 do the job, or should I stick with what Corsair puts on the sight?
Thanks
Primal

Primalbeast

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
OK. I am disabled and I have the money to get the best I can now, so I was gonna try to max it out, because I don't know henI will get the chance again. I he bee buying the parts I have over the past 1 1/2 years to build it.
I am also a student and I am doing some graphc and math work for CS, but I want to be able to play anything that comes out too.
Thank You for your help