memory config for an 1100 Inspiron?

My wife's 1.5 year old Inspiron 1100 Win XP SP1 came with 256 MB of RAM. She
now wants 512 MB. What arrangement of modules or such do I need to buy for
this machine?

Similarly I want to upgrade the original 512 MB for my Dimension 4600. What
pairing will I need here?

--
Doug Mitchell (jmjm@sympatico.ca)

"Doug Mitchell" <jmjm@SsYyMmPpAaTtIiCcOo.ca> wrote:
>My wife's 1.5 year old Inspiron 1100 Win XP SP1 came with 256 MB of RAM. She
>now wants 512 MB. What arrangement of modules or such do I need to buy for
>this machine?
>
>Similarly I want to upgrade the original 512 MB for my Dimension 4600. What
>pairing will I need here?

Goto the Dell WWWebsite, plug in the ESC or Service Tag, and you can
find the shipping configuration, the current configuration, and shop
for memory upgrades.

BigJim

mine came with the same memory you got so I went and order a second 256 meg
chip.
I think at that time it cost me about 60 dollars. Put the chip in and no
problems.