[SOLVED] Memory consumption

Oct 23, 2020
I am using Chrome browser for internet browsing. In office, I need to open number of tabs for different purposes but it consume more memory. How could I save my memory with all tabs?

Thank you for your reply. I never user Opera GX that's why I do not have any knowledge about that. But I need help in Chrome, if you can.
Try this:

It's a third party chrome extension. It can suspend unused tabs which is like putting them to sleep until you need them again. This should reduce the amount of RAM usage a little.

You can't. Chrome will use as much RAM as it needs, the user has no say nor can they limit the amount of RAM chrome uses per tab or overall. You can try to lower the RAM currently in use by deleting the browser cache or closing unwanted tabs. But that's about it. If you want a browser where you can set a hard limit of RAM use overall try Opera GX. It's a browser designed for gamers but it works just as well as chrome and you are able to limit the CPU and RAM usage overall.

Oct 23, 2020
You can't. Chrome will use as much RAM as it needs, the user has no say nor can they limit the amount of RAM chrome uses per tab or overall. You can try to lower the RAM currently in use by deleting the browser cache or closing unwanted tabs. But that's about it. If you want a browser where you can set a hard limit of RAM use overall try Opera GX. It's a browser designed for gamers but it works just as well as chrome and you are able to limit the CPU and RAM usage overall.
Thank you for your reply. I never user Opera GX that's why I do not have any knowledge about that. But I need help in Chrome, if you can.

Try this:

It's a third party chrome extension. It can suspend unused tabs which is like putting them to sleep until you need them again. This should reduce the amount of RAM usage a little.

Oct 23, 2020
Try this:

I read the description of this extension which is really helpful. Now I add and test it in my chrome browser and then come to the conclusion, either it is helpful or not. But Thank You for a good recommendation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS