Memory could not be read!!

Hi All,

I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")

The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
ERP solution and this is critical.

What shall I do.

--
*********
IT Manager

bar

Your PC must have a faulty memory module or even corrupted code for the ERP
application [much less likely].

"Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
> memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
>
> The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
> ERP solution and this is critical.
>
> What shall I do.
>

> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|

Spyware could cause this as can the removal of some spyware so do a through
scan. It sounds like you may have a corrupt system file. Try running System
File Checker. From the Windows Desktop pop your Windows XP Cd into the drive
and exit the installation screen. Click Start->Run and type the following
and click OK
SFC /SCANNOW

let the process complete, remove the CD when finsihed and reboot
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
message news:66398DFE-7DBF-4B1F-8BF5-F7012C24528F@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
> memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
>
> The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
> ERP solution and this is critical.
>
> What shall I do.
>

> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|

"Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
> I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
>memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
>
>The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
>ERP solution and this is critical.
>
>What shall I do.

That type of error is most often caused by a programming error. The
program instructions called for something to be read from a memory
location, and there was nothing at that memory location to be read.

This can occur because the program instructions used the wrong
address, or because the program failed to place something at that
address so it could be read.

You should refer this problem to the technical support people for the
application that is causing the problem.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Hi Harry,
I did that but unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
--
*********
IT Manager

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Spyware could cause this as can the removal of some spyware so do a through
> scan. It sounds like you may have a corrupt system file. Try running System
> File Checker. From the Windows Desktop pop your Windows XP Cd into the drive
> and exit the installation screen. Click Start->Run and type the following
> and click OK
> SFC /SCANNOW
>
> let the process complete, remove the CD when finsihed and reboot
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> message news:66398DFE-7DBF-4B1F-8BF5-F7012C24528F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
> > memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
> >
> > The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
> > ERP solution and this is critical.
> >
> > What shall I do.
> >

> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|

Hi Bar,

If it's a faulty module I think Iit wll happen regularely in all software.
The ERP I used to work with it normally but this error started happened
suddenly without changing anything at the HW or SW.

Thanks
--
*********
IT Manager

"BAR" wrote:

> Your PC must have a faulty memory module or even corrupted code for the ERP
> application [much less likely].
>
> "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
> > memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
> >
> > The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
> > ERP solution and this is critical.
> >
> > What shall I do.
> >

> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|

Hi!

I have a same problem. This occurs only when a lot of memory is needed (in
my case). This can be related to XP's DEP (data execution prevention) option.
You may try to change boot.ini's command line "/unexcute=OptIn" to
"/unexecute=AlwaysOff". However, I do not recommend of disabling DEP:)

In my case this did not help, so I'm waiting official response from Microsoft.
Fujitsu-Simens help desk did not know anything about XP, SP2 or DEP, never
heard from DEP (great support:))

Br,

Jukka

ps. My environtment: Fujitsu-Siemens AMilo A1630 laptop, 1Gb memory, 80Gt
hard disk, AMD Athlon 64 3700+, Operating system: WIN XP SP2 Home Edition.

"Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:

> Hi Harry,
> I did that but unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|
>

> "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
>
> > Spyware could cause this as can the removal of some spyware so do a through
> > scan. It sounds like you may have a corrupt system file. Try running System
> > File Checker. From the Windows Desktop pop your Windows XP Cd into the drive
> > and exit the installation screen. Click Start->Run and type the following
> > and click OK
> > SFC /SCANNOW
> >
> > let the process complete, remove the CD when finsihed and reboot
> > --
> >
> > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
> >

> > "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> > message news:66398DFE-7DBF-4B1F-8BF5-F7012C24528F@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I started to have the error (The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced
> > > memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read")
> > >
> > > The error became so often now and specially it started to happen with our
> > > ERP solution and this is critical.
> > >
> > > What shall I do.
> > >

> > > --
> > > *********
> > > IT Manager
> > > DeLaval Ltd.
> > > Cairo-Egypt
> > > *********
> > > |-----------------------------|
> > > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > > |-----------------------------|

Dear Jukka,

How can I edit this ini file.

BR
--
*********
IT Manager

"Jukka" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a same problem. This occurs only when a lot of memory is needed (in
> my case). This can be related to XP's DEP (data execution prevention) option.
> You may try to change boot.ini's command line "/unexcute=OptIn" to
> "/unexecute=AlwaysOff". However, I do not recommend of disabling DEP:)
>
> In my case this did not help, so I'm waiting official response from Microsoft.
> Fujitsu-Simens help desk did not know anything about XP, SP2 or DEP, never
> heard from DEP (great support:))
>
> Br,
>
> Jukka
>
> ps. My environtment: Fujitsu-Siemens AMilo A1630 laptop, 1Gb memory, 80Gt
> hard disk, AMD Athlon 64 3700+, Operating system: WIN XP SP2 Home Edition.
>
> "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
>
> > Hi Harry,
> > I did that but unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|
> >

> > "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
> >
> > > Spyware could cause this as can the removal of some spyware so do a through
> > > scan. It sounds like you may have a corrupt system file. Try running System
> > > File Checker. From the Windows Desktop pop your Windows XP Cd into the drive
> > > and exit the installation screen. Click Start->Run and type the following
> > > and click OK
> > > SFC /SCANNOW
> > >
> > > let the process complete, remove the CD when finsihed and reboot
> > > --
> > >
> > > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> > > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
> > >

> > > "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> > > message news:66398DFE-7DBF-4B1F-8BF5-F7012C24528F@microsoft.com...

One easy way is to use do prompt:

1) open dos prombt and go to C:\
2) attrib -r -h -s boot.ini
3) copy boot.ini => boot.bak (It is good to do back-up file from boot.ini)
4) edit boot.ini (change the /unexecute=OptIn => /unexecute=AlwaysOff)
5) save to the file
6) attrib +h +r +s boo.ini
7) restart your computer

But, please notice that this will disable the DEP and is will be a security
risk!!!
ps. If this is not helping, you can also change the "/unexecute=xxxxx" =>
"/execute"

BR,

Jukka

"Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:

> Dear Jukka,
>
> How can I edit this ini file.
>
> BR
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|
>

> "Jukka" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a same problem. This occurs only when a lot of memory is needed (in
> > my case). This can be related to XP's DEP (data execution prevention) option.
> > You may try to change boot.ini's command line "/unexcute=OptIn" to
> > "/unexecute=AlwaysOff". However, I do not recommend of disabling DEP:)
> >
> > In my case this did not help, so I'm waiting official response from Microsoft.
> > Fujitsu-Simens help desk did not know anything about XP, SP2 or DEP, never
> > heard from DEP (great support:))
> >
> > Br,
> >
> > Jukka
> >
> > ps. My environtment: Fujitsu-Siemens AMilo A1630 laptop, 1Gb memory, 80Gt
> > hard disk, AMD Athlon 64 3700+, Operating system: WIN XP SP2 Home Edition.
> >
> > "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Harry,
> > > I did that but unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
> > > --
> > > *********
> > > IT Manager
> > > DeLaval Ltd.
> > > Cairo-Egypt
> > > *********
> > > |-----------------------------|
> > > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > > |-----------------------------|

Sorry: 6) attrib +h +r +s boot.ini (not boo.ini....)
Off course you can also change DEP setting from
following way (under XP):

Check out system properties
-------->advanced------->performance---------->DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

Br,

Jukka

"Jukka" wrote:

> One easy way is to use do prompt:
>
> 1) open dos prombt and go to C:\
> 2) attrib -r -h -s boot.ini
> 3) copy boot.ini => boot.bak (It is good to do back-up file from boot.ini)
> 4) edit boot.ini (change the /unexecute=OptIn => /unexecute=AlwaysOff)
> 5) save to the file
> 6) attrib +h +r +s boo.ini
> 7) restart your computer
>
> But, please notice that this will disable the DEP and is will be a security
> risk!!!
> ps. If this is not helping, you can also change the "/unexecute=xxxxx" =>
> "/execute"
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka
>

> "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
>
> > Dear Jukka,
> >
> > How can I edit this ini file.
> >
> > BR
> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|
> >

> > "Jukka" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have a same problem. This occurs only when a lot of memory is needed (in
> > > my case). This can be related to XP's DEP (data execution prevention) option.
> > > You may try to change boot.ini's command line "/unexcute=OptIn" to
> > > "/unexecute=AlwaysOff". However, I do not recommend of disabling DEP:)
> > >
> > > In my case this did not help, so I'm waiting official response from Microsoft.
> > > Fujitsu-Simens help desk did not know anything about XP, SP2 or DEP, never
> > > heard from DEP (great support:))
> > >
> > > Br,
> > >
> > > Jukka
> > >
> > > ps. My environtment: Fujitsu-Siemens AMilo A1630 laptop, 1Gb memory, 80Gt
> > > hard disk, AMD Athlon 64 3700+, Operating system: WIN XP SP2 Home Edition.

Some detailed information from DEP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875352

"Jukka" wrote:

> One easy way is to use do prompt:
>
> 1) open dos prombt and go to C:\
> 2) attrib -r -h -s boot.ini
> 3) copy boot.ini => boot.bak (It is good to do back-up file from boot.ini)
> 4) edit boot.ini (change the /unexecute=OptIn => /unexecute=AlwaysOff)
> 5) save to the file
> 6) attrib +h +r +s boo.ini
> 7) restart your computer
>
> But, please notice that this will disable the DEP and is will be a security
> risk!!!
> ps. If this is not helping, you can also change the "/unexecute=xxxxx" =>
> "/execute"
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka
>

> "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
>
> > Dear Jukka,
> >
> > How can I edit this ini file.
> >
> > BR
> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|
> >

> > "Jukka" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have a same problem. This occurs only when a lot of memory is needed (in
> > > my case). This can be related to XP's DEP (data execution prevention) option.
> > > You may try to change boot.ini's command line "/unexcute=OptIn" to
> > > "/unexecute=AlwaysOff". However, I do not recommend of disabling DEP:)
> > >
> > > In my case this did not help, so I'm waiting official response from Microsoft.
> > > Fujitsu-Simens help desk did not know anything about XP, SP2 or DEP, never
> > > heard from DEP (great support:))
> > >
> > > Br,
> > >
> > > Jukka
> > >
> > > ps. My environtment: Fujitsu-Siemens AMilo A1630 laptop, 1Gb memory, 80Gt
> > > hard disk, AMD Athlon 64 3700+, Operating system: WIN XP SP2 Home Edition.

Dear Jukka,
Well, the DEP was the first thing I thought about. Any how after I
disabled it, the problem is still the same. It seems that I have nothing
except going to the worest case scenario which is formatting my machine. But
what makes me confused is that this behaviou has been started without any
reason I mean I didn't install any new SP or new Software.
That's life with MS sometimes.
--
*********
IT Manager